Possible 1.0.5 bugs/glitches

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Termy, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

@ J-factor: Noted, but it still ate my ingots from in between two other items. Never had that happen before, even if I got a recipe wrong.

2. Marak

Marak Member

Floor 4 has no Zoo:

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o251/darkkstalker/DoD/

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

@ Vykk Draygo
    If no recipe is selected, the toolkit will make the first valid recipe it finds in the recipe list, starting from the top. You'll want to select the proper recipe before crafting anything. (This does kinda suck, I know.)

@mrioes
    Lutefisk required for equivalent effect was increased by a factor of five. Some more balance changes to this whole dynamic are being considered for the next patch.

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

@Marak
    Floors can indeed be generated with no zoo. Luck of the draw.

5. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Ok, cool. As long as it's working as intended, I'm fine with it.

6. 123stw

123stw Member

@DavidB1111

More specifically, this happens because the order damage a processed. If you deal enough damage such that it kills the monster, but before drain process, you "drain" 0 health.

On vampirism, you get an extra 1 health worth of heal, which is how you get 1 health. By contrast mushroom leech and pack of fleeting life will literally give you 0.

I have reported this prior to final release but it is current on the "todo" status.

7. Darthcaboose

Darthcaboose Member

Has anyone else noticed that monsters now regenerate health? I'm playing through with Viking Wizardry and noticing monsters regaining the health dealt by Skatha's Roots, as well as a few odd instances of monsters regaining health dealt from standard melee attacks over time.

EDIT: Huh... Reloading the save game seems to stop it. Weird!

8. Marak

Marak Member

@David
    OK cool, wasn't sure if "missing" zoos/anvils/shops was a part of the procedural floor generation or not.

9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@123stw Ah. Okay. So, I shouldn't do high damage? Or should I rely now more on corpse eating to get life back? Seems a bit odd to make it so it punishes you for killing them.

10. kent_shaw

kent_shaw Member

"Has anyone else noticed that monsters now regenerate health? "

Yes, I did. When I danced with the half-hp mobs, they recovered to full health within 2-3 steps!

Is this a bug or hard-coded behavior?

11. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Any chance of getting a changelog posted to Steam's newsfeed? Hopefully, something that shows all the additions and new commands?

12. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

There was a changelog posted.

13. 123stw

123stw Member

@DavidB1111

Na it's almost unavoidable when it comes to the final kill hit. You literally has a 2 HP bracket..... So you better off just dealing with the 1 hp drain on the last hit.

14. Marak

Marak Member

@LonePaladin

http://store.steampowered.com/news/6213/

15. mr.ioes

mr.ioes Member

1) pick an item up
    2) keep it on your cursor
    3) click on another item on the ground, 2 (or more) squares distant
    4) item on curser is destroyed.

(you may need a full inventory for that, didn't test what happened if you have space)

16. shaf

shaf Member

It appears that the potion stacking bug has reappeared. Floor Potions do not stack with the same inventory potions.

17. Lactose

Lactose Member

Doors still have a few problems:
    http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/83/doorse.jpg

18. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

I have just seen a +0 zorkmids gold coin on the floor of the first level, on GR.

19. Meldinoor

Meldinoor Member

I noticed a strange bug where I picked up a couple of ingots (don't remember what kind) and tried to put them in my inventory. However, I accidentally clicked just outside of my inventory and my ingots got stuck in the frame around my inventory. Not in one of the inventory slots, but in the graphic that surrounds them. I was unable to use or pick up the ingots again afterwards.

20. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

O___o weeeeeird