Patch Day

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by applekid, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Incendax

Incendax Member

While I do not think pirating alone would be responsible for all the crashes, I wonder to what degree it may be responsible. It may be that the pirated version available is pre-patch and several people may be having issues because of that.

2. Abominog

Abominog Member

Well I agree with Lokloklok "anyone pirating the 5 dollar game deserves crashes in my book" but also how big of a Moron would you have too be to come onto these forums and complain your Pirated version crashes.
    The Devs deserve more than $5 in my book but I took the Gamble and made a PURCHASE to try it out - Love or Hate it what's $5

3. stress

stress Member

I have not had any crashes. If that makes you guys feel any better. Hehe.

4. Econael

Econael Member

If people can't try a game out in a demo, they are going to try a pirated version first.
    The principle is the same, no matter the price.
    That's reality.

This whole holier than thou attitude is unnecessary.

5. Incendax

Incendax Member

The purpose of this thread is not to discuss piracy. Any further discussions about this issue should be in its own thread. Let's keep this thread on topic, people. =D

6. Embolus

Embolus Member

Like Incendax, I initially played with a pirated version of DoD (which judging by its differences from the Steam version is probably an older version) for maybe two days, but I experienced no crashes. No crashes after I brought the Steam version either.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Regarding the pirated version: I'm not going to say anything except "heh, heh, heh."

Exile likes this.
  8. Embolus

Embolus Member

Oh noes! Diggles are pouring out of my recycling bin!

9. applekid

applekid Member

I don't think it has much to do with pirating because the ring of people I hang with all have legit copies with maybe 25% having a CTD.

I got so excited when I saw the new achievements added. Its definitely a nice little taste until the patch gets its real release.

10. MikeW

MikeW Member

@Nicholas please inbox me on what that means :D I bought the game, so I am a good guy right? Oh, and I think I asked one of the devs, where can I donate some money? I personally feel the game is worth double what I paid, so I want to donate the rest!

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

@MikeW We're a company, so we're not big on donations. If you want, go buy the copy of the game for a friend (or deserving stranger.)

Exile likes this.
  12. MikeW

MikeW Member

@Nicholas alright then... once I deposit some money, I may do a giveaway or something, on here or just give it to a friend

13. Econael

Econael Member

@MikeW you could use http://www.steamgifts.com/ to give it to a random stranger

14. MikeW

MikeW Member

@Econael hmm that looks alright, may have a look at that. Although I need an 'invitation code', could you invite me? I will give you my email via inbox if you say yes...

15. Econael

Econael Member

oh I see registration is closed :( strange, don't know why
    have never been registered myself, so I have no invitation codes