Windows XP Partial-floor-loss causing crashes?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by ronarscorruption, Aug 10, 2012.

1. So, after making my way down fifteen floors, I finally got to the lowest level, where dredmor was hiding. After saving and fighting him a few times, I couldn't beat him, so I tried to go back up a level to go down a different staircase where I wasn't stuck between dredmor and a monster zoo.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that half of what I had explored of the previous level had gone missing, including the room I had descended from. Attempting to save (or when the game attempts to autosave) at this point results in the game crashing to desktop.

I'm not sure what the cause of the error is, but that's what I got.

Attached Files:

2. SaintWacko

SaintWacko Member

I had a bug in my latest save where it lost a couple entire floors, or at least I think that's what happened. I had explored through level 3, and I went back to level 1 to do the mysterious portal in the spawn vault. I finished it, but when I left it reset my inventory and stats to what they were before. I also got a CTD when I tried to enter the pocket dimension, and when I tried to go down the stairs it said something about the dungeon having rearranged itself, and I got an unexplored level. I really hope they get these issues fixed in the next hotfix, and that it comes out soon. I love DoD, and it's unplayable right now :(