Paranormal Investigator

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Tycho, Aug 31, 2012.

1. lujo86

lujo86 Member

The "ranged door opener" is either bugged (doesn't do anything!) or has problem with locked doors. If it opened locked doors (but not chests and no XP) it would be really, really good. I still suspect it's bugged as it randomly didn't do anything for me.

The "change critter into stuff" is actually great. Many ways to use it include is randomly changing uninteresting monsters into monsters with appeal (like changing animals if you're vegan, or anything thats not an animal if BGH), changing casters, changing stuff which hits for damege you can't resist, changing tough tanky guys into stuff which you can kill more easily and changing corruption monsters into, well, non-corruption monsters. And if you end up with an item - also good :)

The first skill can let you Deathly Hex your way through a level (with a bit of peatience), and then you can grab Nightmare Curse and breeze through the game.

Xenochemistry gives you a level in alchemy which means you don't have to wait for a potion of alchemical inspiration to make a metric ton of haling/mana potions. This then means you don't really meed to take a 1 point alchemy if you can affor a 4 point paranormal investigator. With all the other perks, this is great, and changing random potions inot better potions including the phylactery is very, very good.

Alien Autopsy - eh, being able to get the same recipies is just not very good, and the real problem with this skill is it's so high up in the tree. Not sure what to make of it.

Alien Weapon - Well, people say terrible, I say - compared to what? If you got Aline Autopsy for whatever reason, you're probably rushing the tree early and might as well take it. It's not that bad, especially if you don't have other AoE...

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

How does the first level handle Deathly Hex? You nuke once and then hit Rational Explanation? And then wait until it's over before you nuke again?

3. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Yes, exactly. Since you've just ran yourself out of mana, you just laugh at the anti-magic field, and enjoy the heals without paying the full price of the deathly hex. It only works pretty early though, if you can get a lot of magic power too, IE getting lucky and finding a knobbly staff.

Rational Explanation isn't very important much deeper. Even without Necroeconomics, it gives you a way to tank potatoes and deths better.

4. lujo86

lujo86 Member

You can ussually fire 2-3 times before you need to pu a break on the health loss by applying the paranormal investigator. Then you be a bit careful till it cools down and your mana heals up, then you do it again.

5. thecraww

thecraww Member

I think it's solely so the character can drink them and mess themselves up for a while.

Agreed though, xenochemistry is ridiculous good. I also like the extra recipes sometimes. I still don't find myself taking this skill very often though. There's just so many that I like better. :confused:

6. Wootah

Wootah Member

I LOOOOOVE skepticism... like my favorite skill in the game. I use it on cooldown, Always. I have gotten such good items and crafting supplies, what is not to love? If I am facing a group, I always hit the monster that is worth the least amount of experience so that it if does end up making another monster, it comes out better for me anyway.

Edit since you often take Paranormal investigator with crafting builds, Skepticism fits in really well!

Vitellozzo and thecraww like this.