Paranormal Investigator and Inconsequentia

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Lou102, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Lou102

Lou102 Member

I'm not sure where this falls on the scale of "it's a bug" or "it's a feature" but the paranormal investigator skill, skepticism, breaks quests. The skill re-rolls a monster. When used on a monster it removes the original (then replaces it) but doesn't "kill" the original. For example when used on a monster during an Inconsequentia kill (randomname) leader of the N-th division and his cohorts the enemy will be removed but not killed thereby failing the quest. The simple answer would be don't do it stupid, hence why i didn't put this in bug report.

2. Highwang

Highwang Member

Yeah, Skepticism also breaks Monster Zoos. This and the Law spell have a huge tendency of breaking or crashing the game.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

We'll get them fixed.

4. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

It is my goal to polymorph Dredmor and make a game unwinable before that fix takes place...

NielsB and Kazeto like this.
  5. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

I tried doing this to several named bosses and it didn't change them at all. It dropped an item in their square and they kept coming at me.

6. Midnight Tea

Midnight Tea Member

Even if it did work... Would you want to keep on playing what would now need to renamed "Dungeons of Chevre Cheese Log" ?

NielsB likes this.
  7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Wouldn't you want to try playing such a game?

8. Midnight Tea

Midnight Tea Member

... touche! :)

9. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Member

But wouldn't you win by eating him? or do you need to eat all the Chevre Cheese Logs in the dungeon to win?

10. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Could you change Skepticism completely - I mean, I <3 <3 <3 the class already, but that one seems like a real waste of a skill slot .

lessee - Skepticism: Makes a monster weaker, changes a monster into a bat or something ( polymorph ), etc . . . no, a flower pot! ( that you can bash on for a little bit while it can't do anything but shed petals ) . . . .

A cheese log you can take little bites out of! (and heal). Or a cake!

*Changes Dredmor into an Undead Cheese Log. It's the cheese that demands holy wafer crackers . . . *