Outline All Visible Traps in Red

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bohandas, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Supposedly visible traps are too hard to see.

ALL revealed traps should be outlined in red the way traps hidden behind walls are currently, and/or their actual artwork should be shown.

In any case, the transparent gray square that designates traps currently isn't nearly visible enough; a successful game should depend on good strategy, not good eyesight.

2. lizardwizard

lizardwizard Member

Here you go, go nuts.

Attached Files:

Kazeto and Bohandas like this.
  3. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I'm pretty sure they made it hard to see on purpose, you know, rogue-like and stuff
    Your argument that having good eyesight shouldn't be considered a skill to play the game is valid, but you're free to mod in bright and shiny traps if you indeed feel you should. I don't see why it should be forced upon the entire playerbase

I've detected a trend in a lot of your suggestions. Just because you have suggestions you'd want to be enacted, doesn't mean they are valid suggestions for the game as a whole. Don't take this the wrong way, most of the time you have valid arguments to back up, but it just comes down to your personal preference, which is not the kind of suggestions they're looking for. You could bundle all your suggestions in a mod and release it. That would allow the people that agree with you, to play with the ideas you have, without forcing everyone else to.

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

But then again, that's what suggestions are for. We might not agree with all of them, but many more than we agree with are still worth stopping and thinking about for a moment.

And if anything, even if sometimes it annoys us (then again, I'm fairly certain we annoy Bohandas on occasions too), he means well.

Gorbax likes this.
  5. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I guess you're right!

Sorry Bohandas if I came across as too negative, it was not my intention

Kazeto likes this.