Occupations

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Warlock, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Warlock

Warlock Member

Do any of you have a temporary/permanent job? if so, what is it?

I'm working now as a (poorly) paid medical school intern. 8 more months and I can start making real money! $100 a month doesn't go too far for personal expenses, even if my parents are generous. I don't like bothering them for more than the necessities. :oops:

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am a dedicated forum troll. (No kidding. I just today bypassed Daynab in post count. :))

In real life I am disabled. But I am relatively capable. Just notoriously unreliable. I do have plenty of time though. I try to help out as best I can to make up for the burden to the tax-paying public for my continued survival. Social Security Disability pays squat, but I am alive and have food to eat and a roof over my head. I have no complaints.

Are you asking out of curiosity or were you inquiring about a lead for a job you could seek? (I presume the former.)

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

Just out of curiosity. The forumites here seem to be an eclectic lot (but then again, isn't everyone on the internet eclectic?)

OmniNegro likes this.
  4. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I am currently on disability, but when I was last working, I was a senior systems analyst for a mid-sized(?) international company. Essentially, I was a project leader, technical (software) guru and computer programmer working primarily on DEC Vax computers.

My current 'occupation' is taking care of an elderly mom who's not in the best of health (and hanging out here and on the steam forums when I'm not doing that).

5. Aegho

Aegho Member

I am currently working as a lifeguard, but my calling is being a diving instructor. I'm saving cash for a buffer for my next teaching trip.

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Currently working as contractor for Gaslamp ;) and studying in Webdev and Webdesign. Still early, just starting Javascript.

7. Cerbius

Cerbius Member

Currently unemployed, previously worked in customer service (sadly).

I will be a student again in a few weeks studying video game art and design at the Art Institute of Vancouver, then after that, hopefully land a job in the industry. If not, then I'm prepared to try and develop projects on my own until I can get a job using my degree.

8. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

I work as a QA in one german company which happens to have a branch here nearby. We are manufacturing electronic components, I work at the manufacture of current sensors and I am tasked with overseeing it on my given part.

9. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Currently unemployed and, to be honest, woefully incompetent at both seeking jobs and keeping them. The latter isn't as bad as it sounds, I've yet to be employed in a position that wasn't strictly defined as temporary work.

10. Cain Redfield

Cain Redfield Member

Currently working as a Barista at Starbucks, and I occasionally sub for my drum teacher. Starbucks is alright, minimum wage sucks but I'm just a student living at home so other than school I don't have a whole lot of expenses. I'm starting my first year of Criminology in September so I've got a while to go until I'm in any "permanent career".

11. Createx

Createx Member

Student here, thinking about changing direction from Biotechnology to Mathematics (well, more than just thinking, probably).
    Will hopefully start training to become a court scribe (for English cases actually :D) soon, and generously (depends on your POV...) supported by my parents.