Not Saving

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Celissa, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Celissa

Celissa Member

I've recently tried to come back to playing some Dungeons of Dredmor. I've gotten a new laptop since the last time I'd played it, however, and I cannot get games to properly save at all. As long as I don't close the game, I'm fine to load a save, but if I close out of DoD and try to load at a later time--even a minute or so--the saved game has no skills, and will not load.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, in addition to deleting the DoD folder under Steam to make sure everything was gone. I'm not running any mods at the moment. Any idea how I can get this to save properly?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Does your Windows username contain any non-English characters? I don't remember if we were able to fix that issue but I seem to remember it would cause certain issues like this.

3. Celissa

Celissa Member

Nope, no non-English characters whatsoever. I'm using Windows 10, if that helps at all. I've tried it both on my laptop and desktop, both of which do use Windows 10. Either is fine unless the game closes, after which trying to load the save--which shows up as not having any skills loaded--it just goes back to the main menu screen. Just in case it's some sort of problem with Windows 10, I've tried running in compatibility mode all the way back to Windows XP, to no avail.

Sorry to be troublesome! I can always just run a VM to mess around on. I'd just been missing the game and thought to dive back in for a bit. :)

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

The other thing I am remembering that may affect it is the Steamcloud thing if you're on Steam - if I remember right, run the game with a
    line in your launch options. (You can set that if you go in the game's property menu from Steam.)
    If that also doesn't work try deleting the whole documents/gaslamp games/dungeons of dredmor/ folder?