OS X Lion Nonstop teleport, and other load crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by BP00, Dec 22, 2011.

1. BP00

BP00 Member

So, I download the new patch from Steam, and go to try things out...

I load a save file, and take my first step: and my character teleports. And teleports again. And again and again and again, nonstop forever until my patience ran out. Happens with all my save files.

I quit DoD to do some bug-report research, and open it back up. I try to load one of the saved games, and DoD crashes immediately. (I suspect this is because I had selected "save and quit" during the teleport-loop). Again, same is true for either save file. I've attached the crash log.

If I create a new character, the problem doesn't occur for them.

Attached Files:

2. Same thing happened to me. Just killed my game. I can't do anything other than teleport around constantly. I was on the 11th floor when it happened.

I also noticed that the rest of my saves have been corrupted since the udpate. One of my characters has cannonball for some apparent reason even though I don't use piracy. As for the skills I do have, I can no longer access them.

3. Deswa

Deswa Member

It didnt occur for me until I opened a random door. Not my first door, but it did happen after opening a chest of evil.

4. Oh yeah, I'm also playing on Windows 7 64 bit.

Additionally, when I loaded up the save I got attacked by about 40 mustache league golems. Fun times.

5. Dudeman514

Dudeman514 Member

This happened to me just now as well :(
    Hope this gets fixed.

6. Borodin

Borodin Member

I'm not getting the endless teleports, but I am noticing the teleporting sound repeating every single turn.

7. sky22

sky22 Member

I am getting the teleport bug too on one of my saves, I opened a room with one of the tomes on a podium with a switch behind it. I was on the third level.

8. faermi

faermi Member

Exactly the same room for me; opened a door and boom! continuous teleporting! Seventh level, room with a tome on a podium and a switch nearby.

Ah! I am using Windows 7 32 bit, so this is not exclusive to Mac

9. Dudeman514

Dudeman514 Member

I am running Windows 7 64bit so no, it is definitely not just mac.

10. Chance

Chance Member

Also getting this upon patching to 1.09

Windows 7 x64
    Teleports twice every turn to/from the same spot
    Oddly I also have the cannon barrage skill from piracy even though I have not put any points into it yet.

11. fana-m

fana-m Member

Same here on (Arch) Linux (64bit)
    had some other random skill doesnt remember since i tryed some think with the diggle form.

12. faermi

faermi Member