[NEW] Skill Tree - Juggler

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Ryvian, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

From a suggestions thread
    Skill Name: Juggler
    Description: "You are an expert entertainer as well as a master of throwing and catching stuff in mid air, from soft balls to fruits and bombs, to swords, axes, and mighty hammers, to chainsaws, armors, helmets and stinky boots. Confuse and devaste your foes with strange flying objects.

Ability 1: Clown Apprentice
    Description: Juggle your throwable items. Each turn, you can add another weapon into your little circus act. You've learned a thing or two about accuracy while juggling, and throwing items in mid juggle will land with extra deadly accuracy
    [hide]
    Passive increase to EDR and Nimbleness. Throwing item recovery is increased.
    Casts a 0 cooldown/downtime spell with a maximum stack of whatever number. While buffed, you've got more damage on thrown items, and a chance to confuse on hit while throwing stuff.
    [/hide]

Ability 2: Clowning around
    Description: Even in the deepest, darkest corners of Dredmor's dungeon, laughter is your greatest tool. Your silly dances and funny falls are more than just humor though! They often aid you dodge incoming attacks, and your foes break into hysterics, paralyzed with laughter
    [hidden]
    Adds Nimbleness and dodge. Upon dodge, paralyzes enemies for a turn or two.
    [/hidden]

Ability 3: Dangerously Deadly Juggling
    Description: Turn everyday items into throwable projectiles, your accuracy and deadliness with juggled items are seriously deadly.
    Even more EDR and Nimbleness bonuses as well as thrown weapon damage and recovery rate of thrown weapons. Juggling is replaced by Dangerously Deadly Juggling, which allows you to juggle non-throwable items including other weapons and armors (as long as they have an item rating, damage from throwing said items depend on number of stars of the item. Recovery rate of thrown item depends on item rating as well.)

Ability 4: Explosive Performance
    Description: Throwing juggled items deal explosive damage on hit no matter what they are: Fruits? EXPLOSION, Swords? EXPLOSION, Hats? EXPLOSIOOOOOOONS. Your funny dances also trigger EXPLOSIVE laughter, or that may simply be the bomb you stuffed down their pants while they were busy laughing.
    More Nimbleness, more Dodge, more EDR, more throwing damage and throwing recovery. All thrown attacks trigger blast damage on hit, plus a blast area. On dodge, enemies get blast damage

Ability 5: Master of Improv
    Description: You react to your crowd's laughter, and step up your game even more, you can juggle even heavier and larger objects, your explosions bigger, and you even catch the rotten fruits, or spells your audience throws at you and integrate it into your act! And as a last resort, you can throw all your juggled items into the air and run away while your audience is captivated by the large number of falling explosive objects.
    More Savvyness, throwing damage, blast damage, and recovery rate as well as gain a decent spell reflect bonus. Gain a long cooldown ability that causes you to lose all juggling bonuses, causes random explosion all around you (number of explosions = number of juggling stacks/charges) and teleports you away. You can also get caught in the explosion of your own objects.
    [/spoiler

2. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

As there is no attachment, I must ask: is this a suggestion to a modder or are you making this? The quote at the top is from another forum-user, so it's not entirely clear.

3. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

I can do most of it, except for Dangerously Deadly Juggling, because damage and recovery rate aren't true dependent variables (they can only be modified by magic power). Also, AFAIK, and I've checked all available spells, there currently isn't a mechanic to retrieve item level either, there is one for artifacts, even then, effect type="sacrificeartifact" is not modifyiable. It's kinda of a joke mod idea for Wisp. Though if he wants me to go through with it, I can do almost all of it except for ability 3.

4. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

I really don't care that much either way :D, since I am not using mods, and probably won't be for some time. You can make it if you want too.. turning anything into an explosion doesn't seem overpowered at all :p. I'll probably end up modding something like a Juggling or a Circus themed tree eventually anyways (and post it, if it is successful).

5. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

K so I'm implementing as much as I can except for images, since I don't really plan on making any new icons: