Need someone who can do some item art

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Neo_Combine, Jul 21, 2012.

?

Aren't these drawings bad?

1. Oh yes

25.0%
  2. not really

12.5%
  3. definitely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You call those drawings?

62.5%
  1. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

I have been working on a techmarine version of my space marine mod and i am having trouble drawing things. This is because i am a gamer at heart and not an artist.

I need some items done so i can add them to the crafting list. Anything people want to do would be helpful because if you look at these

Master Crafted Power Sword.png Power Sword.png The Emperors power sword.png Astartes Helmet.png

They aren't exactly A grade drawings. Contact me via the forumns or steam if you can help at all
    Thanks.

2. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Voted "You call those drawings?" because I can't see the images :p

mining and OmniNegro like this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

My vote is the same as TheJadedMieu and for the same reasons. :)

4. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

dammit, why won't they load D:

5. Aegho

Aegho Member

Use upload?

6. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

Makes sense i wondered why it would not allow me to show the images in the post. Thanks

7. Aegho

Aegho Member

The swords aren't bad, although the fire one is a bit iffy. The helmet/mask is in dire need of some shading.

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Now that I can see them I would say they are nice enough. Games have no need for perfect graphics. Good flavor text will make all the difference.

They look fine. I would vote that they are good enough and a bit more if I could change my vote.

9. Aegho

Aegho Member

My main complaint is the hilt of the fire sword, and the complete lack of shading on the helmet.

Kalos likes this.
  10. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

I wish i could shade or atleast make it look better but im using GIMP and so it is a bit hit and miss atm

11. Aegho

Aegho Member

http://pixlr.com/editor/

Played a bit with shading on the helmet. (Brush opacity slider is your friend)

space_marine.png

Blue is a bit of a tough colour to shade, but I think that's ok, considering. Also added a blackline border, which helps a bit.

12. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

I am envious of you skill o master :D

13. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

Meh round 2
    Astartes Helmet.png
    Astartes Breast plate.png

OmniNegro likes this.
  14. Aegho

Aegho Member

I'm rediscovering my pixel art skills, dusted them off for dungeons of dredmor modding, hadn't really used them much since my teens(in the 90s). Also, I used to play WH40k(2nd, 3rd, and briefly 4th editions...)

Combined, that gives me a bit of sense of shading. ;)
    I stupidly picked a hard to shade colour for my army as well... red. I played Word Bearers. I solved it by relying heavily on dark shades, lots of black ink, and using blood red as my highlight.

MYCHAO~1.JPG
    Took that of part of my army after winning a tourney. The dragon is the prize. ;)
    I know, unfinished bases, but I was rush painting for the tourney.

OmniNegro and Neo_Combine like this.
  15. Aegho

Aegho Member

Astartes Breast plate.png

16. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

Well for one it is only a base and two those three people look better then my whole army combined in terms of painting :L.

17. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

18. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

Meh updated the sword

The Emperors power sword.png

Not sure if better but the handle looks a lot less emeradly

OmniNegro likes this.
  19. Neo_Combine

Neo_Combine Member

Btw that website is awesome

20. Aegho

Aegho Member

If anything, it looks less complete now. Btw my main gripe was the yellow outline around the hilt, and lack of colour other than black on the hilt itself. These combined make it look like it's a glowing empty space.