Need some cheer leaders !! going on level 11 with strange build

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by ElJefe, May 30, 2014.

1. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

going on level 11 now and surviving.

unarmed
    artful dodger
    perception
    alchemy
    Tinkering
    Rogue scientist
    Paranormal investigator

By the way: Paranormal is really awesome. I wish i could incorporate it into all my builds from now on. I am one away from maxing it. I might too for more cool down zap spells.

126 Brimstone flasks
    98 Grenades
    230 aqua vitae's left
    143 healing potions
    45 life regen healing potions
    81 potions of invisibility
    45 Saw Blades
    8 Holy Hand grenades - would think id have more by now but not this time.
    51 Steel Ingots for making xbow shots when things get too rough.
    83 Alchemical Oozes

Some normal gear but quite decent.

trying to level up on 10 so i can prepare more for 11. looking for monsters.

Alchemy is up to 8, next level it hits 9. Canister and acid projector destroy. I spend less life time playing this and waiting for timers to reset than i would just hacking and picking off characters on much more survivable builds. It is worth the wait to charge up both. Can handle all monster with them. If they arent fast enough, they get hit with 1-2 brimstone flasks. nothing survives 1 flask at 40 MP + 1 level 8 Canister + acid projector. 455 hp monsters go goey. using my barometric and my throwing bufalo to push things back into the gas.

I have recipe for Rail Launcher but i dont have Bolt thrower. I wish i had gotten alien autopsy sooner. was hard to. I havent even maxed out artful dodger yet and i need that. 1 point so far in tinkering is all i could spare. Unarmed needs to be maxed too... getting so close to wire without having capstone skills to speed up killing.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

You want a cheerleader?
    "Give me a *D*, Give me an *R*, Give me an *E*D*M*

Ok, I admit it, I have no idea how to be a cheerleader.

I don't think that's a weird build at all. It's very close to builds that I've used. Maybe I'd have taken burglary or shield mastery or fungal arts instead of artful dodger, because I don't take that very often.

Arron Syaoran likes this.
  3. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

fungal would be more in line with the build. the unarmed+dodge seems to be holding out well. I think shield mastery would be cool actually. hm. yes would be. if this fails i will do same and add shield mastery. Shields go well with unarmed at times. Right now im dodging a lot though and countering on the dodge. still 5 levels to go....

OH wow i just got BOLT Thrower!!! Alien autopsy got me bolt thrower :) now i can make it all if i get tinkering up.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

Update! I am on level 12 and incredibly safe. Alchemy i use to heal after combat. At a certain point you can do that. Makes the game ultra safe. Unarmed is maxed now, artful as well. I am going to get tinkering up now so i can make my rail launcher I hope. I might need to go down to other levels to level up. i dont think ill have enough levels for what i need. might have to grind out monsters.

anyone have suggestion for making more monsters spawn?

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

240 Healing potions. I have 55 Iron ingots left..... ALchemy is awesome, it is a slow build, but in the end, its more prevalent to heal than food! I still have 213 Aqua Vitae's. I am considering making lots of other potions.

strong build. I put a note about Canister and Projector separate for anyone who wants to try that out and looking for info on how strong it is.

6. Wootah

Wootah Member

You want more monsters? Attack Brax.
    Warning, Attacking Brax is almost Certainly Death.

But seriously you want more monsters, you go into the pocket Dimensions.
    There was a huge list somewhere here on the forums.

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

really? a list? like i thought it was randomly generated only for each game?

where oh where....

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

What about if I steal something from brax? i get a lot of dred collectors. I have 101 dodge at the moment. maybe i could just chill out and kill them at an exit until im maxed out levels?

9. Wootah

Wootah Member

The monsters including the Dred Collectors scale with level, so do it on a early floor if you want to experiment, but you need resistance. Some player figured out a way to mass slaughter them on level 1 with their own AOE and earn tons of levels and I think that is fixed. Guess It is time for some digging. BRB

OK... Back. So here is the Dread Collector Thread. Remember, If you are on Perma-death, I don't promise you this hasn't be fixed and you might lose your character:

Dread Collectors - Not without number

And now for the thread of Pocket Dimensions:

Graffiti Sharing Thread

Stickied in the Conquest of Wizardlands Forum. They are procedurally generated with a seed. Just as a rule of thumb though, if you enter in a code and the portal is red, you end up in Diggle Hell. These codes should all open black portals. Be careful there because that is end of the end game and you need an uber character to mess around down there.

10. A warning about pocket dimension graffiti: Different mods mean different graffiti will be valid. (Unless that's been patched away or something.)

11. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

I killed diggle hell. I wish i couold make 10 more diggle hells. was a nice exp boost.

I never add mods ever to games (unless its a game fix like oblivion)

12. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

what if you have 100% counter? can the dred collectors hurt you?

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

mmm I bought now 200 sawblades. have 101 dodge, full spell reflection, 84 magic resistance, 180 hps, 10 electrical resistance, 10 fire, 8 necro, 27 cold. hm. I hope i can kill dredmor soon. I am going to try and level up more somehow and make rail launchers now with increased tinkering. i think also having 100 stealth might be useful. I know he has a lot of EDR, i dont plan on meleeing... ihope

14. Wootah

Wootah Member

Sounds like you have the numbers for dredmor, although when you beat diggle hell, you didn't find the count, did you?

15. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

i did not!. is he there?

16. Wootah

Wootah Member

Yes, the Count can show up in Diggle Hell. He is FAR superior in terms of stats/skills/spells than Dredmor, so you might have gotten lucky. The Count is the true end game boss.

17. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Count Digula can show up in Diggle Hell. Occasionally, there will be more than one of him, actually (though I've been lucky and have never had to fight more than one at a time).

18. ElJefe

ElJefe Member

I wish i could find him. I am going to clear level 15 and see what is up with that. Anywhere he might be?

clearing after dredmor is dead, not sure how that works. I would like to test my guy against him. He is one badass character. very well balanced. I completely disagree that unarmed isnt strong after level 10. crushes 2 shots most things level 15