Windows XP My crafting window went insane.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by banjo2E, Jun 28, 2012.

1. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Please look at this image carefully.

[​IMG]

Note the fact that there are recipies from the Lathe, what I assume is the Alchemy Kit, and the Ingot Press.

Note the fact that this is on what should be the Alchemy Kit window.

Note the fact that I don't even have an alchemy kit in my inventory.

By the way, the ingot press recipes in this screenshot? The ingot press itself seems to have replaced them with SMITHING recpies.

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Was it a save with crafting mods that were updated midway through the save? That tends to do that.

3. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

It's quite possible, even likely. Earlier today, the only mod I was using Steam Workshop for (a lockpick-crafting mod) tried to update, or something, since the mod launcher was just sort of sitting there on "Getting subscription details." I figured it was working just fine as it was, and didn't want the hassle of waiting a half hour just for a single 5kb mod to work, so I just moved the .dat file over into my mods folder and canceled the subscription.

Gotta love weird engine interactions like this.

OmniNegro likes this.
  4. Aegho

Aegho Member

This happens any time a craftDB (any craftDB) is altered, that a savegame uses. With few exceptions(some recepie changes may actually not do it, like changing output amounts). I'm pretty sure it happens any time lines are added or removed though.