Mods you can be proud to beat the game with?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RaustBlackDragon, Dec 30, 2011.

1. One of my worries with using mods is that it might make the game easier without me realizing it.

I wanna know two things:

1: Do you consider the clockwork knights mod to be fairly balanced with vanilla?
    2: What other mods do you consider to be acceptable balancewise?

2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

1. It seems pretty balanced as far as I can tell. I haven't played it that much, but the abilities it gives are pretty balanced (the movement skills maybe a bit underpowered, particularly at low levels), and the crafting bonuses aren't enough to craft anything good, but it makes you something like a jack of all trades as far as crafting goes. If you have the ingredients you could make a healing potion, or a weak wand, but no good wands or staves, nor multiple potions. And it's the same for the other two. I'd say it seems pretty balanced
    2. I don't want to self-advertise but I've worked hard on making sure that Wind Magic has been pretty balanced.

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I can say that I haven't really played with many imbalanced mods. Clockwork Knights is solid, Wind Mage is amazing, and even Le Mod du Zara isn't really anything to be worried about balance-wise. The only complaints I've heard about my mods is that Warlockery might be a bit strong, but that's still in debate. Obviously the Monster Menagerie has some detractors (damn you, Diggle Mage!) but it only adds to the challenge -- that should make you proud.

All around, I'd say the community is doing pretty well.

4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

JUST AS PLANNED

...I mean.

...Yeah, actually, I do mean JUST AS PLANNED!

(though to be honest if one of my monsters is lolborked and/or unkillable, let me know and I'll make it less so.)