Modifying Existing XMLs...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Altre, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Altre

Altre Member

I used to mod via the existing XMLs, which I can still do, but every time I use the mod manager with the modified files (as in making them individually applicable tweaks via the manager), the game crashes at save loadup. I spent three days modifying the existing skills and spells to my liking only to not be able to use them with the manager. Is anyone else having this problem?

2. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Have you tried making a new character?

3. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

also check to make sure you're closing all your tags. I had a similar problem when I forgot to include a </room> when I modded rooms.xml.

4. Altre

Altre Member

Yeah, I tried making 3 new characters and it still closes me out when trying to load them. I made sure that everything was proper quite a few times as well, sadly with no success. I'll stick to modifying the originals for now rather than trying to package them as a mod. It seems that the game has a problem with the manager "merging" the modified XMLs with existing content. An example of the rebalance content is adding magic resistance to the Layline skill tree. I can do it without packaging it if I just do it the old fashioned way, which is what I'll stick with for now.