Modified Dredmor not saving game!...fixed?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by LittleWhiteMouse, Jan 11, 2015.

1. So I made a small little mod. Ran into some weird problems - such as having an icon file that was fine in other programs, but that crashed Dredmor. But the one that really stumped me was...games would no longer be saved.

I found this out the hard way when I played for several hours, saved my game, came back later...and there was no record. Some more testing...and yep, no save games. Permadeath, no permadeath, whatever, it would act like everything was fine, but no files would show up in the savegame directory.

In an effort to track down what was causing the problem, I made a copy of the mod (new name), thinking to start from scratch and work my way up...and the copy was fine. In fact, the copy as fine even when it had the original name!

I spent over an hour moving files one at a time over to see what happened, and never did find anything. After moving every file over, and still no luck, I deleted everything and moved the files back over again...this time it worked.

So. I have a working mod. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had anything like this happen to them. Thoughts? Shared experiences?

--LWM