Modded Character Builds

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Myrkabah, Apr 29, 2012.

1. mining

mining Member

Dems some nice elbow skin you got there.

2. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

I am playing this for my second character since the new xpac (first was "pure", then I had to give in to the modding goodness)

Crazy Crit Robutt

Axes (So I could be awesome with the Clockwork Axes, cause I didn't know there were other clockwork weapons when I made the character)
    Burglary (yeah, doesn't fit the theme, so sue me...I LOVE this skill lol)
    Archaeology (see above)
    Tinkering (to make Rocket Jump better and to craft all the cool Clockwork Knight gear)
    Clockwork Knight
    Bushido
    Avenging Executioner

I am on floor 7 (most of the way thru ATM) and rocking a 74 crit before temporary buffs...and I am still 2 points out from maxing Avenging Executioner. I didn't plan on a crazy crit build to begin with, just wanted to try Clockwork Knight and Bushido together (my last guy had Bushido and I loved it, thought they would make a good team). The Avenging Executioner just kinda fell into the build because it was a rogue skill (going for warrior/rogue balanced mix, which is my general playstyle) and I knew it had passives and gave crit (to go along with the axes).

I didn't realize how much fun all the procs from it are. I TOTALLY dig it. And maybe it's just cause I crit so very much, but it seems whenever I crit, I proc like 5 different things and BAM!!! Everything within like 3 squares is red paste. It's silly fun! In hindsight, I should have taken Assasination instead of Bushido (stuff dies so fast I haven't found a need for it yet, it's still at 1 point, but I am sure it will come in handy later) to REALLY crank the crit out. But at 74 standing crit, I don't even think I really needed it.

My favorite thing to do is to Charge of the Steam Brigade right into the middle of a group of doods, let them surround me, then use Philosopher of the Axe and watch everything explode (if Clockwork Threshing goes off, which it almost always does, sometime many times, the carnage is just supreme)...I can always Rocket Jump out if I have to (I have decent fire and explosion resistance, so I don't take too much from my own abilities.

Anyway, yeah, this is silly fun...I love you modder types...

EDIT: So yeah, adding in the last two points of the Avenging Executioner tree made the build just insanely silly. I cleared the monster zoo on level 8 (shortly before my game crashed and I found that loading the save caused the game to crash some more) with 1 Charge of the Steam Brigade and 2 normal attacks...97 monsters dead in three actions...just silly...

Myrkabah likes this.