Mod help.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by William, Jan 4, 2012.

1. William

William Member

Ive been looking through the other articles, but didnt see the kind of help i need (might not have looked hard enough).

Ive put mods in the mod folder and all of that fun stuff, but can never get the mod loader to work/acknowledge that i actually have mods in it. Only way I've been able to mod anything has been by screwing with the original XML files, and even then, it only gives me the skill tree picture. Instead of it giving me the skills in the tree, it replaces them with other duplicate skills (most of the time its with Big game hunter.) Any help on that?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Have you checked other mods to see if your folder/file order is the same as theirs? I assume you've checked the sticky up in this section as well?

3. William

William Member

Yes, i just started rereading through it again... added another mod/mods folder into the C:/user/mydocuments/gaslampgames/dungeonsofdredmor folder...

Both of the ones i placed aren't working... >.<

Lets see... I'm using the Cooliomancy mod (by blind piper) as a test to see if it works... have both the zip file, a cooliomancy folder, and all the files in the zip in all 4 of the mod/mods folder. Yes, i have both a mod and a mods folder because I'm not really sure which one it will read from.

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

The problem with mods not loading is just because so many people zip their mods up incorrectly, and somehow don't notice that they're wrong.

5. William

William Member

Looking through his, I couldnt spot anything wrong with it. Ill post the OP mod I was screwing around with here. I cant even get that one to work, and i added it to the original XML files.

Elemancy - Doing all the damage all the time.

Attached Files:

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Aha. This is simple.

the ZIP file needs to contain a folder called 'mod' that contains the 3 files that are currently in the ZIP file itself.

like this:

Attached Files:

7. William

William Member

That worked. Now, is there any reason for the demonology skills appearing OVER the skills i made? I get the first skill from mine called "OOZE", and i also get the first demonology skill. I only get two of the skills from my tree, and the other four consist of the rest of the demonlogy tree...

8. Essence

Yup. Change your skill's id number to something like 10109. Demonology is already Skill id=40.

I started my mod skills at id 600 and went through 605, just figuring that no one would bother starting that high up. :)

9. William

William Member

Seems kinda silly... there are only 39 skills on the list.

Ok, now I've got everything on there... But only two of the skills work. I blame my horrid programming.

10. Essence

Good luck with that. If you need serious help, I'm sure you can post your code and the experts around here will be happy to help.

And by 'experts', I mean 'people who have done the same stumbling about that you're doing now, only they did it a week or five ago. :p