Windows Vista/7 64-bit Miraculous Multiplying Diggle Eggs!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Fayd, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Fayd

Fayd Member

So, playing on Dredmor 1.0.8, and I discovered an interesting bug: Diggle eggs in the Diggle nest rooms were getting stacked onto a single square, but not getting stacked numerically. There were typically 6 eggs, but they had to be picked up 6 times instead of once as a stack of 6. I didn't think anything of it until I got a bit hasty and accidentally put an egg back on the stack, whereupon the entire pile became a pile of two eggs. I didn't catch that right away, but was quickly amazed by how many eggs I had (30). I decided to experiment, and my hypothesis was correct: For non-stacked piles of the same item that CAN stack, the game will overwrite the quantity of all items in the piles if the top stack's quantity is changed. This leads to exponentially more Diggle Eggs, as you can put an egg on it, making it a pile of 2 Diggle eggs, and then put that stack on the pile again, making it a stack of 4 Diggle eggs, and then 8, and then 16, and so on and so forth. And so, being the type of person I am, I took it to its logical extreme and took a picture.

[​IMG]

That is an absolutely preposterous amount of eggs.

2. Zarrin

Zarrin Member

Now cook them into Deep Omelettes.....

3. ChaoGuy2006

ChaoGuy2006 Member

I had the exact same "problem"

4. Godwin

Godwin Member

Can't see the picture?
    Pretty curious too ^^

Loads now: holy bejeebus!

5. Fayd

Fayd Member

As I said: That is an absolutely preposterous amount of eggs.

6. Orion

Orion Member

Aggh...wish I hadn't read this. I figured out pretty quickly you can easily duplicate the trick with crossbow bolts that survive being fired...Huge temptation for me to abuse the bug for the sake of infinite cash/lutefisk. Hopefully it'll get fixed and won't tempt me further.

7. Wootah

Wootah Member

Think of all the flasks of brimstone you could make!

8. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

Yeah, duplicated this bug last night.. must.. resist.. temptation..