Minibosses!

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by banjo2E, Aug 1, 2012.

1. darius404

darius404 Member

I met a Boss version of him once. I don't remember anything special though, I just killed it.

Banana the Hutt doesn't, to my knowledge, have a guaranteed drop. You may have just gotten lucky. The Crab King is a NICE one, by the way. He always drops a Crown of Yellow, with random enchantments. The level he's on also has a type of Witchy, so I used one to farm Crowns of Yellow. It was awesome.

2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Second time I fought The Baron on floor 1, and he never once threw a fireball or any attack at all at range. Are people sure it was The Baron?
    Because he seems hell bent on giving me Alcohol poisoning, hitting me and teleporting away, and that's it.

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

I can GUARANTEE he was the one hitting me with fireballs.

4. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

You have some seriously bad luck I guess. :)
    Or he doesn't have that ability on Elvish Easy. That's the only thing I can think of.

I actually tried to get him to do anything else but attack for 1 to 2 damage, blink around, give me Alcohol poisoning and that's it.
    Maybe him using Fireballs was a bug and they fixed it between the release and Revision 11.

5. Frelus

Frelus Member

I never got fireball'd by him, either.
    Just fought him again, DM, nothing happened.
    Gonna look into the code for this...
    *Reads code*
    He has:
    Easy Target Curse
    Alcohol Poisoning
    Baron Party (effect is adding drunkeness=3)

So, no fireballs...

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Ah. Well, I guess Warlock had either a glitch, or forgot exactly what happened.

7. darius404

darius404 Member

Banana the Hutt on DL7 can give you a debuff called "Usury". It takes away some of your money every turn for 16 turns, and can be stacked 3 times. I freaked out at first, because the debuff countdown is hard to see on the debuff. At first I thought it lasted forever.

8. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

Pretty sure every Siegfried reference ever goes back to Wagner.

9. darius404

darius404 Member

I'm pretty sure it actually goes back to Norse mythology, which is what Wagners Der Ring des Nibelungen is about.

Kazeto likes this.
  10. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

You're right, the Ring is largely from Norse Mythology - Siegfried is Sigurd the Volsung for that matter, but Sigurd is usually not the reference we hear (I've never heard it, but that certainly doesn't mean it has never been used - it may well have been used extensively.) Siegfried's characterization in Wagner also has a basis in the Grimm Tale "The Youth who Went Forth to Learn About Werediggles."

11. darius404

darius404 Member

When I see or hear "Sigurd" in popular (or unpopular) culture, it's usually presented as a girl's name. It's rare to see it at all, though.

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Which is kind of weird, because it does not sound like a girl's name. But oh, well...

13. Warlock

Warlock Member

Are you sure that wasn't Sieglind(e) instead?

14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Sieglind(e) was his mother in the legend, so pretty sure.

15. darius404

darius404 Member

Yeah, I'm sure. I might be mistaken about seeing it, the only example I could think of (the manga Break Blade), the character is actually named Sigyn. So I might not have really seen it as a female name.

16. Xanderhunter

Xanderhunter Member

Weird thing is it is actually a Buff because you can click it off, and I'm pretty sure debuff's you can't just click off.