Mac Version?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by berkstin, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Current (and appropriate) state of the mac build:

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. berkstin

berkstin Member

Yes, yes we get it. More tiki, less Mac-y. Nonetheless, there are some of us the prefer to Cog different.

3. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

It will be quite interesting to see if we get 42A as our first version. Of course they need a 42 for the main branch....

berkstin likes this.
  4. berkstin

berkstin Member

*quiet bump, more like a light tap...*

5. Mikel

I would like to point out that when I made this post I was not ASKING for this outcome. :)

6. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Revision 43 OK then? :)

7. Mikel

Bite your poisonous tongue.

berkstin likes this.
  8. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

The machine is back from the shop, however getting it set up again requires the Builds Guy to come in. The Builds Guy comes in tomorrow evening and we will start trying to resuscitate the software side of the build process then. It might take a bit.

berkstin likes this.
  9. Mikel

Thanks for the update. I am already anticipating some of the great fixes that are targeted for 42A. I am unnaturally excited about the stockpile behavior changes.

berkstin likes this.
  10. Mikel

I am also fascinated by the prospect of what sounds like a part time build guy... we designate an engineer as the build lackey for different projects, but that is on top of his/her other work... probably less humane than your practice. :)

11. berkstin

berkstin Member

so..... how's it going? ;)

12. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

[​IMG]

:)

potashcar likes this.
  13. berkstin

berkstin Member

You know, I get it, you don't like Macs. Can you just ignore threads about the Mac version? Thanks.

Mikel likes this.
  14. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Actually that was to do with the whole asking about mac/dev progress on a Saturday afternoon (Or in their timezone, Saturday lateish Morning?). Such things are for Mondays!

What's why Mondays are Mondays and weekends are weekends.

Don't destroy the status quo, just because the status is not quo! :p

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  15. Mikel

It's a simple concept. If they check the forums before Monday and choose to reply, then they do that. If they wait until Monday, then they do that. We've seen Nicholas do a release at 2AM on a Sunday, but we aren't asking for that. We would appreciate status, whether we get it on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. When the question is asked is irrelevant.

Samut and berkstin like this.
  16. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

And I thought a tongue in cheek post was a simple concept too.

Seems I was mistaken and it's actually about drama. So apologies to those that actually took any of it seriously.

17. Mikel

It's a pattern of posts. In this thread and at least one other. Once or twice makes it a joke... past that and it's jerk territory.

18. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

And if the 'offensive post' in question had anything what so ever to do with making jabs at macs, I'd agree.

But it doesn't. So can only gather it's a whole knee jerk reaction to the poster, not the post. Anyways...

[/Drama]

19. Mikel

And that is being passive aggressive. Regardless of your intent, and I am not going to pretend I know your intent, the perception is that it was yet another jab at a Mac user. It's a valid interpretation. Whether it is what you intended or not. You can either own the meanings of your words and actions, whether they are what you were exactly what you were trying to say, or you can choose not to do so. If you try to make it someone else;s 'fault' or 'problem', you are going to be called on it. You've been a jerk in this thread. Every additional post is merely another layer on the same cake.

20. Olek

Olek Member

Wow, e-drama, and I thought we were free of that here.