Longer character names

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gorbax, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I enumerate my characters with (sometimes random) Roman numerals, and I'm running out of space :p

Bohandas and SkyMuffin like this.
  2. MrEntity

MrEntity Member

Since the monument to death doesn't elucidate on the build of the character, all my characters are named with the convention of UnBowed Mark 3. That is to say, I try to fit the main build idea into the character name, followed by a number. Dodgy Mark 10 is short and fits. More complicated build ideas quickly eat up the minimal space provided.
    What I would like to see more than extra typing space is simply for a mouse-over or click of the death name to show a character sheet. Both would be useful, but it really bothers me that I have to rely on my memory to try and figure out which specific ways of building builds worked the best for me.

Kazeto, Bohandas and Gorbax like this.
  3. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

That's a neat idea!
    It would mean a lot of recoding, though, since high-scores are only stored in a simple .txt file
    Also, character info is stored inside saves, and the high-scores are accessible without loading a save (that's why the skill icons are put outside of the file separately as well, so you can see the skill set in the loading screen without actually loading the save game).

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Tel'im Tor'ail the Knight of Whitecastl

Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. Longer names = more shenanigans.

Kazeto likes this.