Knightly Leap Bug?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by pauyasfyla, Jul 25, 2011.

1. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

Whenever I attempt to use the Knightly Leap skill, the hero just kind of makes a throwing animation. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I double-click on the player sprite, I double-clicked on the destination tile...nothing.

I am playing on the Mac version. Dunno if that has anything to do with it, but I haven't heard any other complaints about this.

2. rmuk

rmuk Member

Hi Pauyasfyla,

Knightly Leap works like the Knight piece in chess, so basically you can only move in "L" shapes using it. Hope that helps!

3. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

Indeed it does. Thanks!

4. Berra_la

Berra_la Member

Anyone know why it only works for half (4/8) of the knight moves? Would it be too strong if you were allowed all eight jumps?

5. Tacroy

Tacroy Member

That was a bug which was fixed in 1.03 :)

6. elvest

elvest Member

This knightly leap really bugs me. At first I thought it's bugged but then I read that it's the same as the chess piece. Firstly the game doesn't tell you that in any way. Secondly using the skill without getting the leap costs a turn. I lost many characters to this.

7. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Yeah, it was very annoying, the way they designed it, and described it.
    Knightly Leap simply sounds like a way to leap away from a fight. Not that it magically means only the Chess move.

8. Misery

Misery Member

I think the problem with it right now is that if you click in a spot where it cannot take you, it just makes a noise and wastes a turn; not even telling you what the problem is.

I seem to remember that right after the game came out, before any patching, clicking in the wrong spot (like, in a straight line away from the hero) would cause him to jump anyway and sort of shunt off to one side, to land in one of the correct spots. THAT makes sense. But just making that sound and costing a turn? That kinda sounds like a bug to me.

And yes, they should have described it differently; at least make a really obvious joke about chess, or something. The current text doesnt seem to mean anything specific, joke or not.

Annoying or not though, this seems to be one of the best skills in the game; well worth putting up with the wierdness for.