[Item Mod for Crafters/Melee] Relics of Aresia

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by SamuelMarston, Jul 20, 2012.

1. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

Hey all, I've been working on my mod for a couple of days now, and I took the plunge and made what I've got public. I figured that if I'm enjoying playing with it, then others might as well.

Here's the official dungeon jargon from the Steam Workshop:

Tricksy Diggle Thieves have raided the 'Fragile and Likely Catastrophic' wing of the Aresia Museum. The Dungeon will never be the same.

My goal was to add some items that filled some missing roles in the game (or so I felt).

-Krong's Spike is a new ring that boosts Smithing, Righteous Resist and Existential Resist.
    -YHTNTEP's Spike (Krong's little brother) is a new ring that boosts Alchemy, Necro Resist and Aetherial Resist.

If you tinker the two spikes into a Crafter's Cross (necklace), it combines all of the existing bonuses, and also boosts Tinkering.

Clockwork Defusers are souped up Thieving Gloves that help disarm traps and potential threats. These are sort of the opposite of Clockwork Gauntlets. Instead of trading accuracy for power, these trade Armor Absorption for finessiness. More Crit and Counter along with Trapistry.

The Marston Spanner is a new steel wrench that isn't just a weapon, but also a tool. This helps tinkering start off a little faster.

The Clockwork Revenger is a souped up Clockwork Chainsword in the same tradition as the Clockwork Ravager. It has a good chance of doing an enhanced Counter, and if you dual wield them, a chance to Counter twice when you successfully Counter. FUN!

I also added recipes for Rocket Boots and Buccaneer Gloves.

Here's some stuff that should be coming in the next version!:
    Rumcrafting!
    Time Crafting!
    Clockwork Underpants!
    Chakan the Forever Hat!

Here's a link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=83829554

(I created new artwork for the two spikes, and for the Crafter's Cross. The chain of the cross is borrowed from some of the lovely existing artwork. All of the rest of the new art comes from DBaumgart's beautiful pixel art. I've merely moved some of the materials around into new configurations. I think some of these altered sprites look pretty great!)

OmniNegro, mining and Daynab like this.
  2. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

Oh. I just noticed the "Mod Releases" section. Sorry! :confused:

OmniNegro likes this.
  3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Moved it :) I suggest you make available a non-workshop version as well for those who don't use Steam.

4. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

Thanks!!! Here's the zip for non-steamers.

ALSO: I just noticed that Marston Spanners sometimes stack and then do not unstack. Is there anything that I can do about this?

UPDATE: In the meantime till I figure out this whole "stacking issue" I've made it so the spanners can be melted back down into steel. This breaks the balance a little bit, but should work in case your wrenches get stuck together.

Attached Files:

Essence and OmniNegro like this.
  5. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Yeah, the stacking is a known issue. Not sure when it will be patched but crafted items will often stack in your inventory. Sometimes you can unstack them with the Alt key but now always. Also, when items stack they become identical so you lose whatever unique properties is on one of them.

6. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

Any known ways to handle the issue on the modding side of things? Like a stackable="0" tag or something?

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Patience (there will be a patch when the expansion is out).

Other than that, you can change it so that the buff in question will only get applied if it's not there, via simple use of 'requirebuffonnottrigger="1"' and 'requirebuffonnottriggername="[reference here]"'.