'It Belongs in a Museum'

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Bushwhacker2k, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Bushwhacker2k

Bushwhacker2k Member

I recall reading about how overpowered this was, was this ability nerfed?

I just used it on a pretty powerful artifact helmet and got 60 experience for it. It would have sold for 709, did they nerf the ability and not change the description?

This ability seems pretty useless...

2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

This Translation is All Wrong was the overpowered ability. You used to be able to repeatedly use it on an item and get stacked enchantments.

3. Stoz

Stoz Member

I'm not sure when it has been changed, but I know that in 1.05 I had mixed experience with it. I don't know exactly how the value is calculated but it seems that a lot of the value comes from the magical enchantments and not the base item, so if you have a really expensive base item with only +1 to a single stat I don't think you will receive much experience from it.

4. Bushwhacker2k

Bushwhacker2k Member

Thanks for the info, J-Factor. Also I tried it on multiple items and got 60 experience every time, they may have been within the same enchantment range, don't recall.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It Belongs in a Museum used to be overpowered (giving tons of exp) but that was a LONG time ago. I'd say these days it doesn't give enough really.

6. Godwin

Godwin Member

Just got 250 xp or so from an item from an evil chest on dungeon level 2.