Indie Game Bundles

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Feb 5, 2013.

1. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

I kinda want star ruler but I have so many games already. auuuughhhhhhhhh. The idea of adding even more games to my library now is... D:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm gonna wait for the second week I think. I also want star ruler, but dunno about the rest, will see what they are.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Sword of the Stars Complete is terrific, imho -- one of my favorite 4X space games ever. It's amazing that with such a great base game that they managed to screw up SotS2 so badly. If you want to know why people were so disappointed with SotS2, you have to play 1.

/edit correction -- I'll say that this is my favorite 4X space game, simply because of the scale, and the vast differences between playing each of the races.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Godwin

Godwin Member

Yes I really like Sots 1 as well :)

Haldurson and OmniaNigrum like this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I bought the bundle for Star Ruler, but SotS1CC is a great addition since I lacked a Steam key for it. I do not remember where I bought it for before, but I had to download it and extract it. Steam makes me even lazier than I was before...

Star Ruler is very small. (216 MB) I have yet to start it since my games backlog is months long, but I would not expect high resolution textures. (Not a negative, Master of Orion has none and looks just fine.)

6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

SotS1 isn't that good, in my opinion. But then again I like the Dungeons & Dragons films (well, the second and third ones).

7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Indie Gala has been updated.

This is the line up (correct at ~3:30pm whatever time zone it is now on 17/6 - or 6/17 if you can't use a bloody calendar). New titles bolded.

Tier 1 - Creatures: The Albian Years (Platform-free), Pirates of the Black Cove (Steam), Survivor Squad (Desura).
    Tier 2 - Chester (Desura), Sword of the Stars 1: Complete Collection (Steam), Vessel + Concept Art (Steam), Aquanox (Steam), 1x Mystery Game (Steam).
    Tier 3 - Star Ruler (Steam), Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (Steam), A New Beginning: Final Cut (Steam), Sword of the Stars 2: Enhanced Edition (Steam), 2x Mystery Games (2x Steam).

It's just under $6 to get the whole lot.

Finally: New Groupees bundle starting soon. Looks like Smash Cat and Snuggletruck(s?) are going to be in it, if the doodlings have been interpreted correctly.

Daynab, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

This is easily one of the best Indie Gala bundles ever. Thanks for the heads-up Loerwyn.

9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

New Humble Bundle today. HB with Android 6. Games are:
    Aquaria
    Stealth Bastard Deluxe
    The Organ Trail
    Fractal
    Pulse (Android only)
    BTA:
    Broken Sword 1: Director's Cut
    Frozen Synapse (minus Red DLC it seems)
    All games come with optional Steam keys as well as Android versions, and every game has an OST.

On top of that, there was a not-new Indie Royale called The Chosen 2 Bundle. It's a re-run of an old one. Games are:
    Runespell: Overture
    Cthulhu Saves The World
    Breath of Death VII
    Eufloria
    Really Big Sky
    All are Steam keys.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  10. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

Kazeto likes this.
  11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Hmmm. Not free to me for some reason.

*Edit* Nevermind. It was showing a price, until I logged in and downloaded an update to one of my games. Now it shows free and I have it. Thanks.

Kazeto likes this.
  12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Groupees Build-A-Bundle 6 is now live! Games are:
    Spectraball (Steam)
    Smash Cat (Desura)
    Chernobyl Commando (Desura)
    Space Ark (Steam)
    Aeon Command (Desura)
    Numen: Contest of Heroes (Steam)
    Freedom Fall (Desura)
    Off-Road Drive (Steam)
    Dynamite Jack (Steam)
    All of the Desura games (and Dynamite Jack) are also available to download DRM-free from the Groupees site. Minimum bundle size is 2 games.

First bonus is some music.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  13. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Update to Groupees:
    Two albums have been added as bonuses (neither are game-related), as has a key for extras in an F2P game called Crazy Fairies. The bundle is still as appealing as a swim in sewage, however.

The newest Humble Weekly went up, too. It's for a single game - Rochard - and you get the OST, a DLC pack and an artbook - all on a PWYW scale. It is a $1 minimum for Steam keys, however.

Finally, must make a shout-out to GOG who are having their summer sale. Right this minute - and for the next 20-or-so hours, they have a bunch of bundles on sale, with prices scaling depending on how many titles you buy (usually a bigger discount for all, smaller for single items). As with all GOG bundles, any existing purchases still count towards the 'complete', so if you own four titles out of a five title bundle, you will get the maximum discount available on the fifth title. I believe many of these bundles will return after the weekend on GOG's Daily Deals.

Indie-centric Bundles (there are assorted indies on single offer, though, so check if the game you want isn't listed!):
    Indie RPG Invasion - Legend of Grimrock, Torchlight, Divinity 2, Inquisitor, Driftmoon
    Wide A.Wake - Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    RPG Rarities - Evoland, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, Costume Quest, Anodyne, The Real Texas
    Platformers Reborn - Capsized, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Snapshot, Pid
    Indie Adventure Awesomeness - To The Moon, Botanicula, Machinarium, The Cat Lady, Stacking, Lucius
    Indie Puzzlebox - Unmechanical, Incredipede, SpaceChem, Shattered Haven, Puddle, The Ball
    Wadjet Eye Selection - Resonance, Blackwell Bundle (Blackwell 1-4), Resonance, Gemini Rue
    RPG Open Worlds - Avadon, Geneforge 1-5, Avernum: The Complete Saga, Eschalon: Books 1+2
    Introversion Originals - Darwinia, Multiwinia, Defcon, Uplink
    The Unwritten Saga - The Book of Unwritten Tales + Critter Chronicles
    Daedalic Adventure All-Stars - Deponia, Chaos on Deponia, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout + Harvey's New Eyes, The Whispered World, A New Beginning: Final Cut, The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and Haldurson like this.
  14. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

I want to pick up some of these but I know I'll probably never get around to playing them if I do because my backlog has gotten insanely large. :(

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I've always had a large backlog.

Fnar.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Updated Indie Gala again.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Unholy Indie Bundle Buggery! That is a lot of good game deals. If I had more money I would make myself broke and buy them. I think this is the lowest price I have seen FTL at so far too.
    (I bought FTL a while ago for roughly twice this much.)

Haldurson and Kazeto like this.
  19. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I just purchased FTL and Defender's Quest. I have played a demo of DQ and liked it and I hear good things about FTL so I hope I will like it. :)

20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I've been playing Defender's Quest this morning. It's amazing.

OmniaNigrum likes this.