Windows Vista/7 32-bit Incorrect damage?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by aznxknight, Aug 1, 2013.

1. aznxknight

aznxknight Member

Is there a reason why sometimes when i attack an enemy it will show up on the logs whatever types of damage but on the screen and the enemies hp that is subtracted is less? I'm using vampirism and not sure if this has anything to do with doing less damage. I'm testing my attacks on a vegetable and gnome level 1 dungeon. It says on the logs i'm dealing 4 crushing and 1 piercing, somewhere along the lines vampirism level 1 skill should do at least 1 necromantic damage but it doesn't subtract from the enemies remaining hp nor will it display on the logs (maybe it was intentional). Vegetables and gnomes on going rogue don't seem to have any necromantic resistance as i recall so the total damage should be 5+1=6. But for the gnome they only took 5 damage, and for the vegetable they take only 2 to 3 damage.
    The heck is going on here?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the gnome, but vampirism doesn't trigger on vegetables.

3. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

It also subtracts any relevant defenses they have.

4. aznxknight

aznxknight Member

Ok, it makes a lil more sense that vampirism shouldn't trigger on vegetables because they shouldn't have blood (why didn't i think of that sooner) but it still doesn't explain the incorrect damage I'm dealing against it. The log clearly says i dealt 5 damage to it but they only took 2 to 3 damage.
    It's not just vegetables that are affected, i just tried this on a raven and it's the same result.

5. FaxCelestis

Each damage type has its own little number popup, you don't get one lump sum.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Wootah

Wootah Member

Also, I have had it where monsters heal 1 HP ever single combat round. Making the numbers not match up. At low levels it is very noticeable as you might be doing 3-5 damage an attack and they are healing 1 HP a round.

7. FaxCelestis

Were you a vampire?

8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I see where you're going with this; IIRC somebody reported a bug a while back about the extra point of healing for all vampir8sm at5acks mistakenly healing the target rather than the player and this might be that same bug.

9. I've had this too, on non-Vampirism builds. I think it happens for every character I play, so it may be related to my system. It heals enemies for 1 HP every turn, regardless of whether they were attacked or not.
    I thought it was a feature rather than a bug, so I've never mentioned it before.

10. Wootah

Wootah Member

Yeah I have had enemy healing occur without vampirism. And I am sure i have read a that it is intended, just like having your summoned minions heal. What is weird is that sometimes, saving, exiting, and loading it again causes them to forget that they can heal.

11. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Yes, intended or not it doesn't happen consistently and is at the very least buggy in that respect.