IMBACORE'S "Let's Play Clockwork Empires" Series

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by IMBACORE, Dec 19, 2014.

1. IMBACORE

IMBACORE Member

Added questions for Part 8. Help?

2. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

1) The explorer beacon is only used by naturalists. You can have military squads explore via using the rally function though, as a substitute.

2) click on it and "cancel order". Ghost beacons do happen if you have reloaded a precious save.

3) No need to get chais and tables (Yet atleast). There is no disadvantage of eating there, only thing is better food = more satisfied colonists.

4) Those red squares are unbuildable terrain. You have to issue a flatten terrain order on them, so that you can build.

5) Nothing. Again yet atleast.

6) I'm not actually sure about this one or if the prompt is only when they are missing a weapon. I know it prompt when they are missing a weapon because newly "gained" sodiers have it.

3. IMBACORE

IMBACORE Member

Thanks Rahbek23!

1. Ah that explains it. So once your colony gets one he'll immediately go to each of your explorer beacons right? If not, how do you command one to go exploring?

2. click on it and "cancel order". ---> I did that multiple times and nothing happened. Must be a bug. I did reload several times. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

3. Ah. Thanks!

4. Those red squares are unbuildable terrain. ----> Yep, that's obvious. "You have to issue a flatten terrain order on them, so that you can build." -----> If memory serves I once dragged a selection area across an area with red squares and no options appeared. Help?

5. Ah so right now it doesn't matter. Okay. Thanks!

6. It was odd seeing that prompt when I had an extra musket and a pistol lying around. Weird bug.

Thanks again Rahbek23!

PS

Any news on wiki entries for the memories and what they signify?

4. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

No problem mate!

1) The naturalist will automatically begin to explore pretty soon, though he sometimes take his sweet time to actually explore as he surveys this and that.

2) WIth regards to the flatten terrain order it will create a beacon (similar to the rally one) and idle work crews should get around to it eventually. it works fairly well, though sometimes small parts of the area is not flattened it seems, however might just be me who missed a small spot... doesn't crash the game at random anymore, so we got that working for us! As with the other beacon though "ghost" beacons can appear after a reload, which is a little annoying, but eh.

3) I think the prompt just comes whenever he needs a weapon for a action, such as fighting. So it pops up and he will run for the nearest weapon to begin the fight.

On the note about the wiki, no unfortunately, however I found the relevant file in in the game files (history.edb if yo want to look yourself), and I will try to make it my next project to document all of these. In short memories have some status effects and an importance. For instance feeling tired makes a colonist a little angry and a little mad, that is then weighted somehow with the importance. The precise math, and what thresholds constitutes something significant I don't know. The article is here http://clockworkempires.gamepedia.com/Memories, but aside from the booze tip there not much to be gain from it yet.

First i'll likely just document them in a large table and then work out the finer mechanics when possible. It is rather requested ;-)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  5. IMBACORE

IMBACORE Member

Thanks man!

About #2: That's quite mystifying. I could have sworn I dragged a selection area on an empty space that was unusable and no options appeared. I'll check in my next recording run.

Meanwhile here's number 9 (which crashed to desktop):

Part 9 - Attempting to Build a Ceramics Workshop

Part 9:

Part 9 - Where we attempt to build a Ceramics Workshop but get thwarted by several bugs: 1. It won't let us build doors whose front side faces red squares, 2. The building gets "constructed" but is invisible, and 3. The game crashes to desktop. I will have to do this run.

-------------------------------
    Questions for Part 9: