I LOVE Paranormal Investigator

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Frelus, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Frelus

Frelus Member

Hm, wonder where I heard that, then...
    I am kind of wondering if I should do a Tinkering-Wandcraft-Communism build for spamming The Bomb...
    +Rouge Scientist and/or CK, of course.

2. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

how about builds using PI?

3. Frelus

Frelus Member

As I just posted in another thread, I think about starting this build:
    Tinkering
    Smithing
    Clockwork Knight
    Rouge Scientist
    Paranormal Investigator
    Unarmed/Master of Arms/something boosting survivability and damage
    Perception

4. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

That's almost exactly what I was thinking of, maybe:
    Paranormal Investigator
    Tinkering
    Smithing
    Clockwork Knight
    Perception
    Burgulary
    Crossbows (maybe?)

5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Btw: I'm adding damage scaling to Alien Weapon for the next major patch.

Aegho and Turbo164 like this.
  6. Frelus

Frelus Member

Nice to hear that.
    Any little leak to what it will scale?

7. Unicycles

Unicycles Member

Hm, so I'm in the middle of my first try with this tree right now. Is there any reason why Close Encounter doesn't open chests of evil? It was the main reason I was so excited about that particular skill :p

I guess I'll post "real" thoughts later, haha.

8. I loooooooove this skill tree too. Even if it doesn't scale, the capstone makes me happy (comets!) and it's just such a fun, flavourful and useful tree in general.

I am using:

Paranormal
    Perception
    Tinkering
    Promethean
    Rogue Scientist
    Blood Magic
    Archeology

Probably not optimal but it's working for me at the moment. I think I'm doing Dwarven Moderation though...

9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I'm using it, and I've not quite maxed it out, but I have to admit that on Elvish it seems a little bit of a wasted skill - for example, Artful Dodger may have been more useful for me - as you don't really find much use for most of it.

What exactly does Scepticism do, anyway?

10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's a "polymorph" spell, to put it simply. Point it at a monster and they change into something else.

11. Frelus

Frelus Member

More specifically: 25% chance it turns into delicious items, 75% that it turns into another monster from the floor you are on.

12. The first skill is supposed to prevent spell casting- how does the game determine if something is a spell or not? For instance, I can still Lucky Pick with Rational Explanation active. Is it any ability that requires mana to cast? Or something else?

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

If it requires mana, you can't use it when you are silenced.
    If it has a cooldown, you can.

14. Ah, thank you.

Another question- this time about the Potion changing skill. In addition to the chance of buffing/debuffing your character upon skill use, does it make unique potions with extra effects? I ask because it created an Oil of Vitriol that wouldn't stack with the other Oils of Vitriol I had in inventory- even when I placed both stacks on the ground and picked them up.

If the skill creates unique potions that won't stack with others of their type, that seems very inventory unfriendly.

15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's a problem with meta-data and generic item stacking problems. It isn't supposed to be that way, and it will be fixed - the only question is, when.

16. Frelus

Frelus Member

As for now, simply dropping it, saving and exit, and loading makes it stack again.