I LOVE Paranormal Investigator

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Frelus, Aug 2, 2012.

  1. Frelus

    Frelus Member

    Hm, wonder where I heard that, then...
    I am kind of wondering if I should do a Tinkering-Wandcraft-Communism build for spamming The Bomb...
    +Rouge Scientist and/or CK, of course.
  2. Kablooie

    Kablooie Member

    how about builds using PI?
  3. Frelus

    Frelus Member

    As I just posted in another thread, I think about starting this build:
    Clockwork Knight
    Rouge Scientist
    Paranormal Investigator
    Unarmed/Master of Arms/something boosting survivability and damage
  4. Kablooie

    Kablooie Member

    That's almost exactly what I was thinking of, maybe:
    Paranormal Investigator
    Clockwork Knight
    Crossbows (maybe?)
  5. dbaumgart

    dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

    Btw: I'm adding damage scaling to Alien Weapon for the next major patch.
    Aegho and Turbo164 like this.
  6. Frelus

    Frelus Member

    Nice to hear that.
    Any little leak to what it will scale?
  7. Unicycles

    Unicycles Member

    Hm, so I'm in the middle of my first try with this tree right now. Is there any reason why Close Encounter doesn't open chests of evil? It was the main reason I was so excited about that particular skill :p

    I guess I'll post "real" thoughts later, haha.
  8. I loooooooove this skill tree too. Even if it doesn't scale, the capstone makes me happy (comets!) and it's just such a fun, flavourful and useful tree in general.

    I am using:

    Rogue Scientist
    Blood Magic

    Probably not optimal but it's working for me at the moment. I think I'm doing Dwarven Moderation though...
  9. Loerwyn

    Loerwyn Member

    I'm using it, and I've not quite maxed it out, but I have to admit that on Elvish it seems a little bit of a wasted skill - for example, Artful Dodger may have been more useful for me - as you don't really find much use for most of it.

    What exactly does Scepticism do, anyway?
  10. Kazeto

    Kazeto Member

    It's a "polymorph" spell, to put it simply. Point it at a monster and they change into something else.
  11. Frelus

    Frelus Member

    More specifically: 25% chance it turns into delicious items, 75% that it turns into another monster from the floor you are on.
  12. The first skill is supposed to prevent spell casting- how does the game determine if something is a spell or not? For instance, I can still Lucky Pick with Rational Explanation active. Is it any ability that requires mana to cast? Or something else?
  13. Kazeto

    Kazeto Member

    If it requires mana, you can't use it when you are silenced.
    If it has a cooldown, you can.
  14. Ah, thank you.

    Another question- this time about the Potion changing skill. In addition to the chance of buffing/debuffing your character upon skill use, does it make unique potions with extra effects? I ask because it created an Oil of Vitriol that wouldn't stack with the other Oils of Vitriol I had in inventory- even when I placed both stacks on the ground and picked them up.

    If the skill creates unique potions that won't stack with others of their type, that seems very inventory unfriendly.
  15. Kazeto

    Kazeto Member

    It's a problem with meta-data and generic item stacking problems. It isn't supposed to be that way, and it will be fixed - the only question is, when.
  16. Frelus

    Frelus Member

    As for now, simply dropping it, saving and exit, and loading makes it stack again.