I LOVE Paranormal Investigator

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Frelus, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Frelus

Frelus Member

The skill is just great.
    Transforming enemies? Oh hell yes.
    Getting more recipes? OH HELL YES.
    Being able to take 1 more hit, transform an Aqua Regia because there are no other options, and get a Phylactery?
    HELL YEAH!
    I really love that skill line!

2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

So far I've been pleased by all of the new skills -- even daggers and pole arms. all of them seem very different from anything that came before and each has a unique flavor/theme. The only one so far that I've gotten to max tier so far is Bankster, but everything I've seen is just fun to play.

3. Evilmanmark

Evilmanmark Member

indeed Haldurson they are all great i really want to combine communist with the mod skill wrestling but first im gonna run the game clean

4. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Let's not forget the first skill, which makes killing Octos and other Aetherial Missle spamming enemies so much easier. And gives you +25 magic res, making tanking corrupting enemies that you can't transform much easier.

5. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I don't understand the point of the 2nd skill though. It doesn't unlock doors or chest...

6. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

You can close doors from a distance or activate levers from a distance. There are a few uses for it.

7. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Member

Imagine being able to lure out only a couple monsters from a room, then close the door from a distance so that none of the others escape. Great for separating groups or cutting off that pack of monsters coming down the hall in the middle of another fight.

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Opening the doors from distance and firing a magical nuke (either of them) is also a good option, unless you prefer to open the doors normally and teleport back before shooting.

9. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

It won't open a door if that door is locked which limits its usefulness.

10. Highwang

Highwang Member

How does Alien Weapon scale? I've had it since floor 5 but this thing only does a pittance of damage: 5 Blasting/Fire/Aether, and the afterburn effect as well. I'm guessing it scales off m-atk, because this thing has not scaled well compared to my other communist abilities.

11. Frelus

Frelus Member

Code:
    <spell name="Meteor Strike" type="template" templateid="99">
      <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/meteorhit/meteorhit" frames="8" framerate="100" sfx="blast"/>
        <effect type="damage" blasting="5" conflagratory="5" aethereal="5"/>
      </spell>

<spell name="Meteor Strike Centre" type="target">
      <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/fireball/fireball" frames="7" firstframe="0" framerate="80" centerEffect="1" sfx="explosion" />
        <effect type="damage" blasting="10" conflagratory="15" aethereal="5"/>
      <effect type="trigger"
          requirebuffontrigger="1"
          requirebuffontriggername="Glyph of the Eye of Ra"
          spell="Power of the Goa'uld"/>
      </spell>
    These are the effects triggered by Alien Weapon.
    Does not scale at all...

12. Highwang

Highwang Member

Wow. What an anti-climatic ultimate skill.

I dont know which is worse. Communism's "Lol have a nuke. thats it" or this dinky thing. Cause I have both.

13. Frelus

Frelus Member

I would say commies's is worse.
    Because you get only one, and while that one may clear a zoo, crafting more is impractical (BoMD, OoN required, +7 tinkering... impractical.)

14. Highwang

Highwang Member

I'm saving my nuke for Dredmor. It's not gonna work, but its the principle.

15. Frelus

Frelus Member

Why isn't it going to work?
    Afaik, 3 BoMD kill Dreddy on Going Rouge, so it should not be a problem...

16. Unicycles

Unicycles Member

What's with that Power of the Goa'uld? Am I reading correctly if I assume having Egyptian Magic's capstone adds an whole extra (rather tasty) spell effect?

If so, that's pretty neat.

17. Frelus

Frelus Member

The mark of Goa Uld is there because the Meteor Strike Centre effect is done by sandstorm amplified by Glyph of the ye of Ra.

Unicycles likes this.
  18. Hahahaahahh!

Er, no. No, Dredmor is not capable of dying to 3 BoMD. In point of fact, they are rather underwhelming against him. Even the Level 10 version of Lord D has 10 Conflag Resist and 20 (?) effective Blasting Resist. Add to that his 375 HP, and no way are 3 BoMD's going to ruin his plans. Holy Hand Grenades, otoh...

19. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Favorite out of context quote for the month.

20. Glad to be of use, o compiler of the Community Skills Giude.