I almost always...

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

.... make my buildings either 4x7 or 5x7. A 5/7 room allows four cots or single beds across with space for cabinets as décor.

... make a second kitchen for alcohol production.

... follow the this progression: carpentry shop, stockpile, kitchen, farm, barracks, ceramics, metal works. It then varies after this.

... stay up too late playing this game.

dbaumgart likes this.
  2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Hmm, a 4x6 can already fit in 6 beds. However I usually go with a 4x9 for my first set of cots (9 cots) as you need a large enough exterior to max out the decor bonus.

And a number of offices and small workshops fit nicely in a 2x2.

3. Mikel

Do you have space between your beds? I assumed that at least one of the 'access' dots needed to be clear.

4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Take a 4x3 and try to figure out how you can fit 3 beds in there with one door, the larger versions are just these stuck together to make a single building (it will have many doors)

5. Mikel

Clever. I hadn't considered that kind of design.

6. Mikel

I assume you rely heavily on windows as décor with that arrangement?

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Yes, though actually there's a lot of other exterior decor, all of which can work.

You could alternatively try fitting in 2 cots and 1 floor decor into a 3x3.

Or I guess 2 cots and 4 floor decor into a 4x3 if you must use floor decor. I know there's some decor which uses raw clay...

8. Mikel

The barracks was the building where I settled on my 5x7 size... The four cots with space between with 4 cabinets was on the assumption that the cabinets would eventually serve a purpose... I then stuck with the floorplan for other lodging.

9. masuro

masuro Member

I use to make 9x10 dorm rooms to fit 10 beds (9x9 used to cause bad rendering of roof, dunno if it's still true), rest of rooms 6x7, if needed because of machinery, doubled as 6x14. I know lot of wasted space, but it looks great :D I'll post some pic once I reach day 100)

I too make a second kitchen whenever i can, with metal ovens and brewing -I need it because I still couldn´t manage well the food, my colonists become basically crudivores :oops:

I build a farm, then carpentry, stockpile, kitchen, barracks (used as general bedroom), ceramics and metalworks