Husband and Wife interrogated by the MPAA because of Google Glass

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Haldurson, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, as far as I know it does work as a crime deterrent on Russian roads—more and more drivers over there start to mount cameras in their cars so that they would have proofs of the terrible situation on the roads. Like, in cases when someone lies on the road, the car approaches, then is blocked from the sides and the back and the only way for the driver to escape is to ride over them and hope none dies; have a camera and you don't have to care then but just save yourself.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

FYI: Just spotted my first ad for Google Glass, clicked on it and at least for now, it's cost is (not surprisingly) pretty extravagant. As with all consumer tech, if it catches on, you'll likely see prices drop over the next few years.
    https://glass.google.com/getglass/shop/glass

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Does it come with an attorney?

Kazeto and Haldurson like this.
  4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Personally I think that the story that this thread is about should be their marketing hook; "Google Glass: The technology the MPAA doesn't want you to own!". Honestly, the MPAA not liking it and its potential to be abused for movie and book piracy seem like the best things about it; for conventional uses it seems kind of superflous, (and it also kind of looks like it would make you go crosseyed like in that one Steve Martin movie)

Kazeto, OmniaNigrum and Haldurson like this.
  5. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

What I've seen it used for are extreme sports, and a teacher giving a remote tour/lecture to his class in the US while he was visiting the Large Hadron Collider at Cern. For now, it seems more like a toy for people with too much disposable income. But sometimes these things need those rich people to play with it to find the application that really sells it.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.