How can I cause some more chaos in my colony?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by GreenJelly, Nov 2, 2016.

1. GreenJelly

GreenJelly Member

I've spent a good few hours with my first colony, and I think it would be fun with some more chaos in it. The only things that seem to happen is the occasional meteor swarm and a few bugs eating my crops from time to time.
    I have two mines delving the forbidden depths, but nothing seem to have come out of that aside from some artifacts that I don't know what to do with. I have a laboratory with, I think, all the modules installed, but the scientists don't seem to touch the artifacts and haven't spawned as much chaos as I expected them to. I also made some Steam Compressors and Leyden Jars because the tooltip suggested that the scientists could do stuff with those, but since I made them they've been left untouched in my stockpiles.
    So, what can I do to unleash some eldritch mayhem on my colonists? Is there something I've missed with the Artifacts and the Laboratory?

Jelly

Exile likes this.
  2. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

More chaos you say, for cult events make sure your colonists are rather unhappy then they well most likely join or make a cult, so no church for them to worship. fish people attacks, attack them first, bandits attacks, be hostile with them same with the other factions as they will attack you if you have a great deal of - points with them. Have fun

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Exile likes this.
  3. Unforked

Unforked Member

You can do what I do sometimes and purposely starve them, but even then it will take quite some time for any major problems because they fend for themselves very well.

You could also declare war with all the factions I guess.

Exile likes this.
  4. GreenJelly

GreenJelly Member

Thank you for the responses :)

@Jagwithtude Ah, I tried being tolerant to the fishpeople in the hopes that they'd end up influencing the colonist. I'll try picking some fights with them, harvest some caviar and shove them around when I see them around.

@Unforked I think I heard that starvation was a good way to force some cult behavior, but intentionally mismanaging the industry feels off to me ^_^; I'll try picking some fights with the other factions though.

Jelly

Exile likes this.
  5. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

@GreenJelly, You are welcome, I also tried a game by being "friendly" with the fish people but what happened at least to me was that when I started trading, the fish people always scared away any and all traders before they got to my colony. so now I just up and kill them keeping their pop down so I can get some trading done.

Exile likes this.
  6. GreenJelly

GreenJelly Member

@Jagwithtude Oh yeah, I did notice that as well ^_^; Traders getting assaulted by "peaceful" fishpeople. That was quite annoying when I really needed the trade to make up for my slow start with industry.

Jelly

Exile likes this.