Help Fill Out the Mod Wiki

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nicholas, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

pretty sure player-quicky sets NTTG on if it's "1".

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Izzy84075

Izzy84075 Member

That'd make sense. All the other options have commands.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. I can't seem to find any sort of means to make an account for DredMod Wiki, nor will it accept non-logged-in edits.

This is a shame, because the information under Room Tutorials regarding how to quickly test a room is just plain wrong, and I wished to correct it.

If someone who can login wants to fix it, please edit the Rooms Tutorial page's "Testing a room" subheading of the "So you want to make a custom room" main heading as follows.

To test a room, add it to the rooms.xml file you're working in and run the game with the following launch options: "-debug-flag -testroom "<Name of Room you wish to test>" -x # -y #" where the -x and -y numbers are the X and Y coordinates (starting at 0,0 in the upper left hand corner) you wish your character to arrive at. Then start a new game (yes, you have to make a character,) and you will be in the room!

Bohandas and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Hey, I spoke to Derek (deek on the forums), he'll get you set up sometimes. The registrations are closed because we got a lot of spam.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

That's what I had to do with my wiki.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

I've added these tags to the Item Reference, but /what do they do/;

<gem worthless=""/>
    <mushroom worthless=""/>

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  7. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

They do nothing, they're an artifact of older days.

8. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Also, the wiki is pretty much closed for me; I made my account with Steam or something, and can't log in since that's not supported anymore. It also seems that that service didn't add an e-mail address nor password to my account.

9. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I tried to log on to the wiki today and it said that the domain name expired.

Somebody might wanna get on that, because I use that wiki a lot for modding and my backups of it are way out of date.

Monkooky, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's... working fine on my end? Maybe Derek too care of it since this post.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I'm still getting a message saying that the domain is expired.

Exile and OmniaNigrum like this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You may need to flush your DNS cache if the registration has changed since you last checked.

It was not working this morning when I checked it, but it is working fine for me now. (I flush my cache regularly.) Just unplug your modem for a few minutes and plug it back in. It should handle the rest for you when the connection is reestablished. If not, then you can pull up a command prompt and do "ipconfig /flushdns" to do it manually without having to reach for the power cord to your modem.

Exile, Kazeto and Bohandas like this.
  13. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

That worked. Thanks.

14. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

The site works, yet I can't log in.. Nor register a new account.
    My previous account (Alis,_conquerer_of_crowded_XML_tutorials.) is somehow closed or something. I'd like to get a new account, actually, cause I pretty much made the Reference pages and yet I can't log in..

OmniaNigrum and Bohandas like this.
  15. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Same here.

16. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

17. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

We're working on a long term fix but for now if you guys could send me a PM with the email and username you want to use or already are using on the wiki I can make sure you get access tomorrow (7/5)

18. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I don't know how to do private messages on this forum so I'll just tell you here that I'd like to have the same username there that I have here ("Bohandas")

19. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

When this is up again <Dash> and <Drop> and <charge> and <ondeath> need to be added to the monster tutorial

EDIT:
    Also <dig> now that the update is here.

EDIT:
    Also, in the Spell Types article I'm pretty sure that the available targets for "Self" should be changed from "Player (autotargets)" to "Caster (autotargets)" (IIRC)

EDIT:
    Also the "Monster System Reference" page needs an actual page, not just a broken link.
    Also there doesn't seem to be any information at all about tweakDB.xml; this should be rectified

EDIT:
    The Spell System Reference page needs an entry for "destroyonmove" in the list of arguments for <buff> and an entry for "booze" in the list of arguments for <requirements>

EDIT:
    The Requirements section of Spell System Reference is also missing entries for "zorkmids" and "zorkmidScaleF"

EDIT:
    Also "floorScaleF"

EDIT:
    The Spell System Reference page needs entries for tags such as "mine", "mineradius", "mineTimer", etc.

EDIT:
    Also, the list of loot types in the Room System Reference page is incomplete. "mushroom" and "gem" are also valid types that appear in core files but they are not listed on the reference page (oh, and "amulet" too)

EDIT:
    The fact that triggerOnCast and triggerOnDodge use "percent" instead of "percentage" should be made clear on the Buffs page

EDIT:
    I'm pretty sure that in the list of buff types "consumeBuff" should read "consumptionBuff", based on an inspection of DredmorUtilities.dll

EDIT:
    alt+f4 to quit without saving is missing from the list of debug commands (that last one was my mistake. I was misinformed. Alt+f4 is incorrectly implemented and unreliably quits the game either with or without saving.)

EDIT:
    Also The formatting on the "Floors" page appears to be broken.

EDIT:
    In the Monsters tutorial there is no mention of the <ai> arguments "stealPercentage" and "stealgold"

EDIT:
    Also, in items the difference between "special" and "craftoutput" needs to be better explained.

EDIT:
    "destroyobject" is missing from the list of spell effects

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    Exile, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  20. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Derp, how do I actually create an account on this thing?

Oh I see, PM deek. Well okay.