Has anyone lost anything stored in the Pocket Dimension yet?

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Azurestrike, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Azurestrike

Azurestrike Member

I'm hesitant on storing all of my ingots and crafting materials in there for fear of things being lost. But this seems really, really convenient if you can do it.

2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Nothing stolen by gnomes, But I've experienced glitches upon trying to go to or from the pocket dimension, including some which crashed the game.

3. Suho

Suho Member

I just signed up to post about this. I started up a new character today after all my old saves were trashed in the update, and I was excited about the Pocket Dimension so I would have some place to store my crafting materials. Toward the end of the first level, though, the game suddenly crashed.. The precise sequence of events is as follows:

1) With a full inventory I prayed at a sidequest altar and got a quest to take an artifact to a shrine.
    2) I went into the PD to unload some stuff to I could pick up the artifact.
    3) I exited the PD and then clicked on the artifact to pick it up and the game crashed.
    4) I loaded the autosave, which was right outside the door of the room to the sidequest altar, but clicking on the PD button crashed the game. I can still wander around and do whatever I want, but as soon as I click on the PD button the game will crash.

So I guess to answer the first poster: yeah, I've just lost everything I stored in the PD. :(

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Can you upload your save?

5. Suho

Suho Member

I'm not sure... I've done a bit of looking around on the forum, and apparently a save should be a .sav file, along with a "savegame.dat" file. In the "dredmorsave" folder for my character, though, I only have three .dat files (level0, metadata, and savegame) and eight .bmp files. No .sav file in sight, unfortunately.

6. Daynab

zip up your dredmorsave folder and upload that, that's the new format now.

7. Suho

Suho Member

Ah, OK. I guess I was looking at some old information. Sorry about that.

I've attached the zip file.

Attached Files:

8. Movra

Movra Member

I stored my virginity in the pocket dimension, but then the gnomes came... :(

9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

At least it wasn't the thrusties, Movra.

10. Movra

Movra Member

At least the thrusties give me an achievement. With the gnomes all I get is an empty feeling.

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You want to lose your virginity to the thrusties?

I... that is too much for me, pass the brain bleach.

12. Suho

Suho Member

So, um... is that save I uploaded pretty much a wash in terms of salvaging my items from the Pocket Dimension?

13. Daynab

Unless you're willing to wait until the fix is released (and I cannot guarantee that it will fix current saves), yeah.

14. Suho

Suho Member

That's a bummer. I lucked out and managed to find all of the special ingredients necessary for a flail of Pleiades on the first floor, and I was building up my smithing so I could craft one ASAP. But, of course, all of those ingredients are now lost in the PD. Oh well.

I'm a bit hesitant to start a new character. I've only been playing DoD for two weeks now, and everything worked flawlessly up until yesterday. Now I'm wondering if maybe I should wait until the fix comes out to play again.

15. InnocuousJoe

InnocuousJoe Member

As with any indie game, the state of the game is in constant flux; unfortunately, you just started playing around the time of an expansion release which, for any game ever is a tumultuous time.

Keep playing, remember which bugs exist, and have fun!

16. Suho

Suho Member

Yeah... maybe I'll just avoid the use of the Pocket Dimension for now. I had gotten into the habit of building up stockpiles by stairways and then lugging them down to the next level when I was finished with that level. I may go back to doing that.

17. InnocuousJoe

InnocuousJoe Member

Huh, that's not a bad idea...I might have to start trying that...