OS X Lion Hard to read character/item stats

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Okeanos, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Okeanos

Okeanos Member

Even with the "taped on" longer stats bar for damage types the stats can be impossible to read (see attached picture).

The same is true of items which have a lot of base stats and the get Krong'ed a few times – next to impossible to actually read the stats without resorting to checking the character sheet changes.
    Screen Shot 2012-02-08 at 00.36.59.png

2. Wootah

Wootah Member

I totally agree that they are hard to see...
    ... but i think the point is to make you feel so badass at that point that it doesn't matter! As long as you can read the main stats and the resistances, the damages are just icecream to go along with the cake.

3. Okeanos

Okeanos Member

I can accept this about the damage stats … (after all they are also depicted when attacking mobs), however having a Krong'ed item as shown above with 1-2 Krong's going wrong it would be very nice to know what exactly is affecting you negatively.

4. Neliahawk

Neliahawk Member

some stats dont even show up anywhere... like the right glove one in the picture attached. the bodypaint berserker level also has the same.. so i kind of think its maybe "magic .... reflection ??" its nowhere listed somehow... 142.JPG

5. blob

blob Member

Good guess. Its magic reflection, however I think its not really implemented yet.

6. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

The secondary stats on items likely need to wrap onto a second line (or even their own taped on bit), though not sure how possible that is.
    Wwhile it would be nice if the "taped" on damages extended prehaps a third time if you happen to have most of the damage types, any double didgits will be obscured, thats realy when it feels a llitle clunky. That said the first time I saw the taped on bit it gave me a chuckle so is a good idea.

7. Okeanos

Okeanos Member

Even wrapping the damage types into a second/third line would be fine with me and work fine without botching up the UI.

8. Wootah

Wootah Member

I wish someone from gaslamp would explain in detail what haywire actually does. Does it crit. Does it splash to nearby? What does it to

9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's a spell critical.