Haematic Phylactery stacks removed

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jeremy, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Not sure if this is intended or not, but after creating multiple phylacteries and having the stacking debuff applied, consuming a single of them removes all of the debuffs. They can also be removed by any decurse effects.
    Create phylactery [repeat n times]
    observe hp is severely debuffed.
    consume one
    observe n-1 phylacteries remain and health is now restored to initial value.

2. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :(

Hoarding up haematic phylacteries is quite the risk! If you want them to build up you need to spend hundreds of turns at -15% health or something, and that at the slowest rate!

3. koneko

koneko Member

I've also been confused about this, mainly because it's pretty simple to just make a phylactery, cast the cure from the emomancy tree, then just repeat whenever you want to with the far easier-to-handle curse of the emo on.

At the same time, I couldn't see wanting to carry one around otherwise given the pretty huge debuffs from the phylactery skill itself. Before I realized the curse could be removed so easily (and with a positive amount of phylacteries at that), it struck me as something I would only want to use if I was already getting kind of low on health/mana to make one and drink it the very next turn.

If it isn't intended, then I don't know what the best way to handle it would be that keeps the skill useful, but right now, it does feel kind of cheap strolling around with 18-20+ phylacteries on me just from naturally making one and using the cure as I explore a floor.

4. Knallis

Knallis Member

On the other hand it means you can use all those other health items as loot to sell. It may seem cheap but until you're beating every game its probably not that big of an issue.

5. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I'd call it a big issue. Phylacterys are pretty much a 'get out of jail free' card:
    • Restores :life:50 + :magic_power:/2
    • Recovers :mana:20
    • Curses curses
    All that for debuff that equates to:
    • :melee_power:-1
    • :life:-9
    • :mana:-8
    • :life_regen:-2
    • :mana_regen:-2
    Remember that drinking the Phylactery removes this debuff, recovering the :life: and :mana: that was removed. Drink it halfway through a Zoo and it's almost as good as a level up.

Add a limit of 1 Phylactery and prevent the debuff from being removed except by drinking it. It'd still be worth it.

6. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

How exactly does this haematic drain debuff work ? On the char I'm playing now I've made a phylactery each 100 turns and did not notice any stacking of the debuff. At least until I had made 7 or 8 of them, then suddenly max hp dropped by around 50 and mp+hp regens as well down to 25%, so while the debuff icon still displays just one stack. Whats odd is I haven't used any phylacteries yet or otherwise removed the curse, and after creating i think the 10'th or 11th phylactery however it the debuff cleared on its own.

This working as intended?