Green Eggs and Ham mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ChemIisana, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

((Anyone know how to move and rename a thread?))

Welcome to the Green Eggs And Ham mod! Ever wanted to experience Seuss in Dredmor? I did! Right now, the mod includes the following:
    -Two New Recipes!
    -A New Potion!
    -Green Eggs and Ham!

As the mod continues, I plan to include:
    -Truffala Trees
    -Truffala Tufts
    -Theed Items (For all slots)
    -The Mustache That Speaks For The Trees (Miniboss)
    -3 more Egg types!
    -Hatted Cat (Miniboss)
    -Hatted Cat Hat
    -Mother's Dress
    -Fishbowl (Akin to The Log)
    -AND MORE!

Special Thanks
    -Essence
    -Swashbucklers Mod (Using them to study mechanincs)

Attached Files:

Vitellozzo likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

All of the XML files need to go in Green Eggs and Ham/Mod/<file>

All of the pictures need to go in Green Eggs and Ham/Items/<file>

And all of the paths to the item files in the itemDB.xml should say icon="Items/<file>".

I'll look at the code later if no one else gets there first. :)

3. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

Thanks, Essence! Mod polished and ready for test now. Can't change the name of the thread though.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I changed it for you. If you want me to add it to the mod releases section I can, or we can wait till there's more in it, up to you.

ChemIisana likes this.
  5. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

Thanks! I'd rather add more to the mod first, before it's super public. I'm worried about a bug that may or may not be from me that crashes the game when you load a save file.

Daynab likes this.
  6. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

[​IMG]
    Everybody needs a Thneed! Next update I'm adding the belt/hat/torso/socks/pants/gloves Thneed into the game. They'll all look the same for now, but I hope to sprite up several variations for the future- you'll also be able to craft Seuss Juice with Plums and Aqua Vitae. I'm still trying to figure out what is making the crash happen- it seems to be my mod, but it's rather inconsistent.

Essence likes this.
  7. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

• Loading my save files with a mod that adds a food that also acts as booze flashes me 'corrupted files' message, followed by a crash of the game.
    • The mod runs normally otherwise, wot.
    Can someone else test the current release, make sure it's not just me?

Attached Files:

8. Essence

Hmmm...I downloaded it and put it in the correct directory and all, but it refuses to show up on my list of available mods. :(

9. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

[​IMG]
    It shows up fine for me. Then again, it may be that you need to unzip it. I'll investigate the mod.xml. Perhaps I'll be forced to require an expansion.

Attached Files:

10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Remove the capital letters from the folder names in the zip.

Essence likes this.
  11. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

I... oh my god. It's fixed now. I'm just going to crawl into this corner and die now.

Attached Files:

Vitellozzo and Essence like this.
  12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

No need to die from that, Chemlisana. It's the kind of mistake that is commonplace and thus nothing to feel bad about.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  13. Essence

yep. You should see some of the stupid mistakes that Loren has caught in my pathetic attempts to recreate Deadshot.

14. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

My friend is trying to find me a spriter for my mod. I will have at the very least way more items after that.

Kazeto likes this.
  15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Or the kind of things I did to the code while trying to make Crystal Magic (which I think I'll have to rewrite, ugh).

16. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

Well, I'm glad to see that boozefood is something you can actually do. I think the Ham and Egg need rebalancing though; for the ridiculous price, you should be getting more booze than 15 and meat than 5. I'm also going to look at seeing if I can make the items drop in response to Meaty Cookbook and as a variant on normal diggle eggs- I plan to add 3 more Seuss eggs, so this is ideal.

Kazeto likes this.
  17. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

I'm making an item right now that has a 1% chance of a special type of 'loot', and I plan to make it droppable by a subboss. Hee hee hee.

18. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Is the mod still being worked on? I could make some sprites if you want; check my artstyle at the mods in my sig.

19. ChemIisana

ChemIisana Member

Looks like Alistare might be helping me with some of the sprites! This is wonderful, because I've just added a lot of boozefoods and seussical things.