Golem follower

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by GoblinTown, Jul 18, 2011.

1. GoblinTown

GoblinTown Member

Whenever I go through a teleporter (quite often) or change dungeon levels my little mustache golem follower doesn't follow. As it costs a good amount of mp to summon him, is there any chance that they can be made to follow or is that working as intended?

It also tends to get hung up a bit here and there and "lost". This isn't as big of a problem as I just tend to move slower and wait a few rounds here and there but it definitely requires minding.

2. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

I figured the transpoter thing for your pets is WAI. Otherwise, they'd be teleporting themselves all the time while following you, and you'd have to go get them.

Considering it's a bit of a chore to get your pet to follow you well enough right now, that's something I'd rather not have. Just re-summon, and drink some liquor to celebrate after teleporting. :D

As for keeping them from getting stuck on corners behind you, I end up having to stop two or three squares past the turn and spam the space bar a bit and they may eventually get going again. If there's more than one square on that corner, you want to continue past the turn by one square before going backward (changing places) or turning left. Once you master that, you can also use to to keep them from walking over traps on a parallel line of your path as they tend to do.

3. GoblinTown

GoblinTown Member

I wasn't hoping that they would be able to trigger teleportation or anything, I was hoping for a check along the lines of: on teleport - if pet active, spawn pet where you end up. I was doing the celebration method, but at 30+ mp per cast, I was often out of booze lol.

Good tip on manipulating their path, I'll have to try that.