GOG Winter Sale

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Loerwyn, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Anyone else putting their money into it?

There's some good titles, and the 50% discount on others has brought them down to more appropriate pricing, plus it makes getting back-ups/DRM-free copies cheaper.

My purchase list (totals about $30):
    Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (2nd Copy)
    Torin's Passage
    Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death (2nd Copy)
    Unreal Tournament 2004 (2nd Copy)
    Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death
    Beyond Good & Evil (2nd Copy)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Aegho

Aegho Member

Nothing so far. There's some 50% titles I've pegged as possible purchases, such as Septerra Core and Outcast, but that's it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I again am reminded of one of the few major complaints I have about GoG. Betrayal at Krondor was released as freeware ages ago. Yet they sell it. You can still freely download the original game and run it via DosBox the exact same way as GoG automates with their installer. And that strikes me as a convenience tax.

I would have no objection if they mentioned what you are paying for is the automated installer and premade scripts for DosBox. But they keep that to themselves.

Kazeto likes this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I just bought Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura.

Here. Use the unofficial patches to fix them if you also get them.

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/
    (Here is a link to the changelog for the latest unofficial patch. And then the link to the thread about the High Resolution patch that can be used with it.)

*Edit* If things get really blurry regardless of what you do, disable Morphological Filtering. Check this link for details.
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/the-persistant-games-bundle-thread.4016/page-10#post-67955

SkyMuffin likes this.
  5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

If it's your first time playing Arcanum, congratulations! One of my favorite RPGs. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Frelus

Frelus Member

Yay, Arcanum!
    Tip: Play a mage ;)
    2nd tip: Use the temporal and... spacial, or what it was (with disarm et al) colleges, plus harm and maybe fire.
    3rd tip: Own ;)
    Well, have fun!

OmniaNigrum likes this.