Game unplayable?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by kuv, Jul 14, 2011.

1. kuv

kuv Member

The game crashed (third time) the difference is that it's saying it's unavailable to play at this time. It then said that it was download starting, but nothing happened. I deleted all local files and restarted stream but it's still trying to download? WTF is going on?

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

If the game says it's unavailable to play, that probably indicates something went wrong at Valve with the patching process. Give it an hour to sort itself out, and if it's still not working we'll see if we can find somebody over there to poke for you.

N.

3. kuv

kuv Member

Awesome, thanks buddy.

4. kuv

kuv Member

So it's been about two hours, any news? Kinda annoying when you buy a new game and only get to play an hour or so of it.

5. Yeah I'm having a similiar problem- immediately crashes after this mornings patch. Having said that, very nice game from what I've played.

6. Nicholas

Wait. When you say "immediately crashes", do you mean it's *not* giving you the Steam Game Is Unplayable message? I'm trying to figure out what the heck is actually going on here.

7. Nicholas

Also, somebody in another thread notes:

"After the first patch, Dredmor didn't even load up at all (nothing happened after I clicked "start game" in the launcher). However, I only needed to right click Dungeons of Dredmor in my games library --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache. A file was invalid, Steam fixed it, and now I can play again. Just thought that'd be helpful to post here."

You might want to give that a shot. -- N.