Windows Vista/7 64-bit Game remembers 'selected' skill between saves

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Loerwyn, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Hard to explain this one in a title.

I created a new character to try some mage skills (didn't go well!), and on the second attempt I used Dragon's Breath from Promethean Magic as my 'secondary' attack. I died and loaded my current game with a melee character, and I used my secondary attack without selecting a new one... and I cast Dragon's Breath.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  2. Wolg

Wolg Member

Have also observed this one.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

This bug is so ancient that I had to look if it was on our most recent tracker. It wasn't. Now it is, thanks!

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

This sounds like a great way to cheat your way through level 1-2 as a wizard. If you know you're going to die, put some killer skill like Rift or Obvious Fireball or -- best of all -- Release the Diggles! -- in your skillbar and then don't pick a new skill (or use any items, I guess) until you gain a level or two.

Nah, too much work.

5. mining

mining Member

please, pick Syzygy or a stance.

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Oooohh..starting level one with Wallenstein's Inevitable Victory stance...that would be awesome. Or Plutonic Fist. That would be sweet, too.

7. mining

mining Member

Well, if it lasts forever you keep it all game.

8. pokyhoky12

pokyhoky12 Member

I know it is bad, but I would use the Glyph of Imhotep on my Bankster character so that I didn't have to run the entire Egyptian Magics on a character that I didn't want to be a mage at all.