Fixing Alchemy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by J-Factor, Jul 21, 2011.

1. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I've been playing with Alchemy for awhile and have been thinking about how to improve it. Some suggestions:

1. Remove the "Mana Potion" requirement from all the Element Buff potions. Too many recipes hinge on Aluminum as it is.
    2. Don't sacrifice fun in the name of realism. The shear amount of Salt, Saltpetre, Brimstone and Coal you need to randomly find in order to craft the various "Aqua" reagents is only offset by their uselessness. Luckily almost everything just needs Aqua Vitae.
    3. Bookshelves should favor whatever skills you actually have.
    4. Move the throwable flask recipes into Alchemy (give Tinkerer more explosives to compensate).
    5. Try to make potions benefit both Melee and Ranged characters.
    6. Add more tough, pure elemental enemies to make Element Buff potions worth it.
    7. Make "Spatial Instability Infusion" teleport you to anywhere in the current level, not just nearby locations (like the first Mathemagic skill). Perhaps try to pick a location away from enemies?
    8. Make "Touch of Midas" apply the same effect as the "Curse of the Golden Ratio".
    9. Make "Solution of Gold" drop more gold (assuming this isn't a joke potion).
    10. Add more unique effects that aren't just copies of spells.

I'll see if I can change some of this myself with the XML files. The crafting change should be simple enough.