Finally bested Dredmor in Melee combat

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by jzworkman, Mar 3, 2012.

1. jzworkman

jzworkman Member

So I finally beat dredmor in a melee fight to the death, I accomplished it with the following skills:
    Swords
    Berserker Rage
    Dual Wielding
    Master of Arms
    Burglary
    Archeology
    Bushido(From essence's mods)

[​IMG]
    This was done on GRPM: No Time to Grind

I got lucky by finding both imperial boilerplate, and imperial helm on floor 8. After that it was a breeze getting to dredmor. The final fight went something like this:

First I got lucky that dredmor was in the first room I entered on the 15th floor, so I didnt have to search for him. I put on my killing blow buff for a first crit, then I used final stand and didnt move for the rest of the fight to keep the buff active. I had the diggle god of digging so I had a few other nice melee buffs all rolling for the final fight.

During the fight, I downed the following potions(when dredmor teleported away giving me a three turn break from attacks) hyperborean, infernal, and voltaic. I then used a fairywodger(healing mushroom) and the coral wand to get some hp back(I was down to about 30 at that point) The final trick up my sleeve if I needed it would have been the life steal mushrooms but he died to my attacks before I needed to use them.

I always wanted to see if you could beat him without spells, and without resorting to range(notice the unused bolts of mass destruction in me inventory) and was pleasantly surprised when I finally pulled it off.

Final score was around 2,500,000

ElectricMessiah, Marak and Essence like this.