Finally Beat Dredmor - Thoughts

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Wootah, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Velorien

Velorien Member

Actually, having Krong give you a guaranteed first blessing per item sounds like a great idea. It would make anvils much more useful (since you wouldn't just reserve them for junk equipment, and a single enchantment per item twice a floor wouldn't unbalance the game) and mean that curses were reserved for the greedy adventurers who weren't satisfied with a single enchantment (and the greedier you get, the more opportunities to be cursed there are).

Wi§p and Kazeto like this.
  2. JunkRamen

JunkRamen Member

Ohh, I thought he meant first two on a given item.

3. Wootah

Wootah Member

What do you mean by the first 2 krongs? As in an a per item basis or per character basis?
    Because I know for a fact that you can get cursed on a per item basis as I no longer ever double krong items, and I get cursings all the time.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

...honestly, I'm not sure anymore. I understood from it that it was first 2 per character basis, but that's not true it seems. First ever per character seems plausible, but by item... does anybody remember Krong on an item cursing on the first try?

5. JunkRamen

JunkRamen Member

He cursed my first attempt on an unnamed Imperial Boilerplate yesterday, and it was given a name afterwards

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Was it your first kronging ever in that particular game?

7. JunkRamen

JunkRamen Member

No. Bah, I keep thinking he means first attempt on an item.

8. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm relatively certain I've gotten cursed on my first-ever attempt as a new character, but then, I'm also inebriated at the moment, so don't trust me. I'll see if I can get it to happen again, though.

9. 50 hours and I beat Dredmor.

Skills (Vanilla): Axe, Duel Wield, Beserker, Dodge, Perception, Alchemy, WereDiggle.
    Only took lvl 3 in Alchemy and all but Killing Blow in Beserker Rage.
    Maxed out the other skills.

Mod: Interior Dredmorating

Perhaps I had a good build for a 2nd character, but I thought Dredmor was easy. He really didn't hit me with much until I gave him opportunity. I may have just been lucky. I hit him with 4 Holy Hand Grenades, Flannel Mushroom, one of the Diggigod blessings, Synergy(sp?). I teleported to him, whacked him 2x and he was dead. Those fish and cubes on the level could hit me 3x and I'd be dead.

Gunna load up some mods and start a new game.

10. Wootah

Wootah Member

Nice electric Messiah. I am almost there on my RotDG game. Been taking a brief DoD break for minecraft and skyrim :) Good to see that I am not the only one feeling squishy, even as a tank.

ElectricMessiah likes this.