Essential Core Skills Rebalance II: Electric Bungalow

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well it's only a buff on self, it's a nerf on enemies to prevent abuse.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Right. I meant 'make de numberz bigger'. I get the intent. ;)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Essence

PRACTICAL GEOLOGY [very minor BUFF]
    Basalt Skin's Timer increased to 16.
    Petrification's Armor increased to 50. Piercing, Toxic, Putrefying, and Asphyxiative resists raised to 50. Piercing and Conflagratory resists raised to 35. Asphyxiative damage per tick increased so final damage (after the resist bump) remains the same as it was.

VIKING WIZARDRY [CHANGE]
    Hand of Belimawr swapped with Unholy Warcry.
    Unholy Warcry's Blasting damage given scaling (.18 * Magic Power)
    Unholy Warcry's debuff increased to -20 Nimbleness, -5 Armor, -5 Melee Power.
    Unholy Warcry's fear effect reduced to 2 turns and a 44% chance of activation.

Will reupload...sometime. Christmas vacation starts tomorrow for me, and I can't take all my work with me, so it might be a week or so before I get to this if I can't get it done tonight.

Kazeto, Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

How the fickleberry did you do that?! :eek:

Also, just curious. Why not just add 1:smithing: to The Iron Curtain rather than the :resist_hyperborean: so that players could effectively craft the communism power armour without resorting to heathern gods or imperialsm? Seems like a more fun solution to me personally but then again I'm not some kind of godlike modding machine fueled by eldritch magicks and diggle wanking so what do I know? Nothing, that's what I know.

Although I must admit that I'm curious.

EDIT: Ohh, somehow my sleep deprived brain tought you had managed to create an ability with a 999 cooldown that couldn't be activated while you had a The Bomb in your inventory.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Essence

That would be a miracle of awesomeness, if I could pull that off. :D

OmniaNigrum and mining like this.
  6. Suho

Suho Member

Swapping IBIAM with RYC in Archaeology makes a lot of sense, considering how useless the latter is compared to the former. Seriously, IBIAM is so powerful, it makes little sense that it would be your very first upgrade in that tree.

It makes me a little sad, of course, because I have a habit of taking Archaeology just for IBIAM, but on the positive side it will make it a lot easier for me to not take Archaeology and go with another skill.

Can I ask a question on the crossbow tree (assuming that the changes are identical to the previous version of the skills rebalance)? When KISS is active, what are the chances of an enemy being knocked back by a bolt. In a new game I started with the crossbow skill tree, as soon as I got that skill I activated the stance and just left it on, but I don't think I ever saw an enemy get knocked back by a bolt. Granted, I didn't play for all that long (I stepped into a Mysterious Portal and never stepped back out again).

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. Essence

I do believe it's 20%

edit: nope, 24%

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Essence

BTW, reuploaded with the Viking and Geology changes in the OP.

9. Suho

Suho Member

Interesting. I guess I was just unlucky.

I will have to download this new set of files and start yet another game some time soon...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

You forgot about the heal on polymorph effect.

Also, Slim Customers has something broken. I'm using it for the entire first floor, and it never pops up. But I'm sure at least once to have seen the name poping up after a kill.

Essence and OmniaNigrum like this.
  11. Nacho

Nacho Member

Speaking of the crossbow tree, is that finished? I was checking the code to see what the last 2 levels did, and it didn't look like level 4 was done. You had some kind of placeholder there, a counter ability that only dealt 1 damage I think.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

That placeholder is not from Essence's, it's from Gaslamp's updates to the crossbow tree waaaay back. Didn't make it to release because time constraints mostly.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Essence, your werediggle is giving 100% diggle plague to everything I'm hitting. Even in human form.
    Couldn't you just used this, that was working well? It's using a dummy spell but it's the only possibility to make something like that proccing only in an altered form. The only real problem is that it doens't proc any name on the head of the character, but Deadshot does that too.

I don't know what's wrong with Slim Customer. Its name popped up another time by my run, but no buff showed up. And there weren't other monsters after that one, so no one could cancel it with an attack.
    I've looked into the code.
    Here it is.
    Code:
    <description text="They ought to be keeping an eye on you -- you're a nimble, stealthy sneak. Sometimes, when you assassinate someone, you get really quiet until someone catches you." />
      <secondarybuff id="12" amount="3"/> <!-- sneak -->
      <secondarybuff id="4" amount="1"/> <!-- crit -->
      <primarybuff id="2" amount="1" /> <!-- NIM -->
      <targetKillBuff percentage="12" name="Slim Customer"/>
      </ability>
    Code:
    <spell name="Slim Customer" type="self">
        <buff usetimer="0" brittle="1" attacks="1" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_64.png" smallicon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_32.png">
            <secondarybuff id="12" amount="20"/>
            <description text="OK, he's dead! Time to get the hell out of here before they see you!"/>
            </buff>
        </spell>
    Skilldb / spelldb.
    I thought it could buff the target, but it doesn't even do this.
    I've just tried it changing the % to 100%. No buff neverever.
    I wanted to change it into a targetKillBuff which proced Slim Customing that then triggered the Slim Customer buff. Even this don't work.
    Maybe targetKillBuff doesn't work for buffs? I don't know yet how to work with templates, so maybe the solution is to make the slim customing spell able to call another spell with buffs for the template=only center (the character)?

:edit: I've tried swapping Slim Customer and Slim Customing positions, and it doesn't work. I've tried
    Code:
    <spell name="Slim Customing" type="self" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_64.png">
        <effect type="trigger" spell="Slim Customer" />
        </spell>

<spell name="Slim Customer" type="template" templateID="998" anchored="1">
        <buff usetimer="0" brittle="1" attacks="1" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_64.png" smallicon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_32.png">
            <secondarybuff id="12" amount="20"/>
            <description text="OK, he's dead! Time to get the hell out of here before they see you!"/>
            </buff>
        </spell>
    And it doesn't work too.

This is blood magic first level and core functionality, blood mana. And this works.
    Code:
    <spell name="Blood Mana" type="self" icon="skills/skill_bloodmagic.png" >
      <effect percent="100" type="spellpoints" amount="1" amountF="0.05" taxa="Animal" />
      <effect percent="100" type="spellpoints" amount="1" amountF="0.05" taxa="Demon" />
      <effect percent="100" type="spellpoints" amount="1" amountF="0.05" taxa="Other" />
      </spell>

Where is the error? It's not because Essence's Slim Customer doesn't have an icon, I've tried adding icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth1_64.png" but it doesn't change anything.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  14. Essence

Longshot, but try chinging it to attacks="2". Maybe the attar k that triggers the buff is removing it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Darkmere

Darkmere Member

This seems like such an obvious change I can't believe it hasn't happened yet. Has this been suggested elsewhere? If I credit you and this thread, can I put this in the suggestions forum?

OmniaNigrum, Essence and Shreeper like this.
  16. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I thought it was removed by attacks on the player, not by the player. ^^'

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

Well, I've been mentioning it before in the "Items That Add Crafting Levels" once before but otherwise not and even then I was more concerned with making bad communist puns. Go ahead and put it wherever you want to. Giving credit isn't important though when it's just an idea that could -potentially- improve something that we all enjoy, in this case we all enjoy Dredmor and communism puns.

...if I had just cured cancer though I'd get kinda cross if I didn't get a little bit of credit for it. :D

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Wyrmcraft

Wyrmcraft Member

This would be very wonderful, though we have to be careful with throwing in too many crafting levels, though the :resist_hyperborean: is very very nice for General Winter, I guess something would have to be tuned down though.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Essence

Its both. Brittle is attacks on; Attacks is attacks-by.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Essence

Re: Smithing -- what if I added it to the Va.guard Party buff, so it wasn't all the thyme?