Editing game files/mod help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by saturnine, Aug 10, 2011.

1. saturnine

saturnine Member

Which file would I have to edit, and which line if I wanted to get more skill points per level up? Been looking through the files, found nothing so far.

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

This is presently hardcoded. It could perhaps be exposed to modding when we do mod support.

3. saturnine

saturnine Member

Alright, thank you for the quick reply. Looking forward to seeing it if and when it's out!

4. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@David Okay, can I have an answer on if currently how many anvils of Krong per level is hardcoded, same with Evilchests, uberchests, etc?

Because TweakDb has a anvil chance thing, along with others, but changing it doesn't seem to work?
    Also, what does item power granting chance mean?

5. I obviously cannot say for confirmation, but evil chests do seem to be random and based on tweakDB, uberchests I've not played with, and Anvils seems to be hardcoded to 2. I always find 2 per floor.

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I found 3 on a floor once, before I played around with TweakDB.

7. Zakastra

Zakastra Member

As I understand it Anvils of Krong could randomly (and unintentionally) spawn in hallways as a bug prior to the last patch. I had also seen this happen, and is probably what you recall. Shrines of Krong seem to be limited to 2 per floor now.

8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Except I found the 3 after the patch. :)