Ed Koch, dead at 88

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Haldurson, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

He was the most popular NYC Mayor since Fiorello Laguardia, and became a symbol of NYC, back when I was in College. I was in school clear across the country, and everyone knew who he was, probably because of the iconic "I Love New York" ad campaign that ran everywhere. Anyway, I wanted to mention it for the sake of those who are too young to remember him. He was much loved (when I told my mom that he just died, she told me how much my dad loved him as mayor -- a lot of people did).

Of course he had his detractors and his controversies, but one thing you can say about him is that he spoke his mind and he always left an impression because he was one of those people who literally was larger than life. I had to run errands today, and that was what everyone was talking about, and everyone, even my auto mechanic (long story) felt they had to reminisce and tell stories about him. He will be remembered and missed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ayor-who-became-a-symbol-of-nyc-dies/1882459/

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member