Dredmor Patch 1.1.2 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It's up! My tech guy at Valve decided to throw it up at 10:30 PM; I guess he must have been in the office.

Thoughts? Are we all having a good time? Anything we need to know about?

And how about that DOOM TIMER?

Exile likes this.
  2. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

this patch was too good

revert it pls

Also rest in peace easy Egyptian magic runs

Nicholas likes this.
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

NERF EVERYTHING THAT MOVES

Exile, Dr. Quackzalver and Essence like this.
  4. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

I didn't even notice it updating. How big was this patch?

EDIT : 25mb

I am glad that the overlay browser is back.

5. Musaab

Musaab Member

So delicious...

It would be nice if I didn't have to choose Going Rogue every time. I would like it to remember my difficulty setting.

Nikolai likes this.
  6. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

The changed to the Krong background is good in terms of seeing the changed attributes.
    But the text in the upper part of the Box (which is black) is now hard to read at all.

7. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Will confirm that certain mods are still crashing the publisher after the validation step.

8. Warlock

Warlock Member

I has a happy. Now I can die in peace. Already enjoying the new wizardland generation.

9. JusNick

JusNick Member

I can't load an old save I had from the last (wizardlands) patch. no mods, all DLC. It's worth noting that before the patch, it was working fine unless i went to the pocket dimension, where i would lose a ton of items and crash if i exited it, which would first put me on a frozen ice lake then crash.

10. Blue

Blue Member

Cybercone has 2:dmg_righteous: now? Interesting. Any other items we're not aware that got similar buffs/nerfs?

11. Deathonabun

Deathonabun Member

Hmmm. The Burglary tree has been changed a bit.

It seems that lucky pick will now allow you to open doors without a lockpick, but you still need to use one for chests. Interesting...

OmniNegro likes this.
  12. 0x517A5D

0x517A5D Member

Oh? Is Lucky Pick a passive now? (I suppose I'll find out for myself next character. I'm currently between games, mourning the loss of Rav'ger. a Clockwork Knight type.)

13. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

My non-burglar playstle typically involves "find door, drop lockpicks, kick door, [fight zoo if it's in my face], pick up lockpicks".

Old burglar playstyle "find door, open door. [enjoy xp, close door if needed]"

New burglar works the same, just now shares the chance to miss chests if the floor isn't cooperative.

Close enough I guess.

14. MythArcana

MythArcana Member

And here Diggle Gods is still at v1.010 at Desura and everything else is at v1.1.1. I mailed Desura support days ago and they said they would drop you an email about updating Diggle Gods. I'm not sure where the communications breakdown is, but let's close up the fissure with this patch.

I can't emphasize this enough when I say that one cannot have the complete experience on Desura. The v1.010 is missing files even from v1.011 and will crash every time; with or without the hotfix since files are missing. Hopefully EVERYTHING over there will be updated to v1.1.2 this time. And could you please make sure that it's up there properly as DG has been this version for months now.

[​IMG]

EDIT: I just read the blog and got the current Desura scoop. After all this time, that was the last place I expected to read that news. Ok, cross my fingers that all four products change to v1.1.2 soon. *phew*

15. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

Guess what's wrong with this picture:

[​IMG]

Anyone else having the same issue after the latest patch?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

16. BMandFighter

BMandFighter Member

So when I started my save for the first time in the patch, I got a message saying "The dungeon rearranges itself." I then found myself in the pocket dimension, but I was outside the walls in the darkness. I couldn't walk around, but I was able to hit space-bar until the cooldown on the wizard key refreshed and went back into the dungeon, where everything was just like before. Anyone else get this message?

17. You may be aware of this, but that message means the game can't find the info for the floor you are on. It was added as a means of salvaging games that would otherwise be totally buggered. It's good you were able to get back to the dungeon proper!

18. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Member

Whenever I save & quit, I cannot reload the save game - it looks as if it's not saving the game at all. No save games appear in the list.
    The main Dredmor screen shows 1.1.2.

19. Stryke

Stryke Member

Bloody hell the Wizardlands may be even more hardcore now than they were before. The pull level to say hi to instant death in the form of Evil Clones are still there and I just got one shot by a Dwarven Land Mine on a level one land.

20. Teslacrashed

Teslacrashed Member

It seems half the time I attack with polearms the weapon is missing from the animation. Other than that, I haven't had any issues or crashing.