Dredmor 1.0.10 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I know, I know.
    I don't mean to come across like I'm the Mad Hatter.
    I'll try not to freak out about things in the future.

2. In all fairness, I do think the hit-on-dodge mechs are buggy and peevish, but that's been established as an actual -bug-. /chuckle

(And that's shared in common with corruptors as well as thieves, anyhow)

3. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I swear if I have to post this in every thread I will!
    "Before anyone gets a little too defensive about how to do this, I just want to remind everyone this is a silly little indie game about a large eyebrowed adventurer trying to kill a lich, who was killed by another large eyebrowed adventurer that looks just like you, in a world filled with puns and references."

4. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

The above should somehow become this forum's official motto.

5. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I'm down, though it is a spoiler for the ending ;)

6. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

To paraphrase Joel Hodgson, "Repeat to yourself, 'It's just a game; I should really just relax.'"

Marak likes this.
  7. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

To be fair, the ending is spoiled every time you start a new game...so the only way you could "spoil" the ending is to have never played the game at all...and if you're on these forums and you've never played this game...

Ow, my head.

8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

You've created a Time Paradox, Grim Peeper! You changed the future! Fission Mailed!

Marak likes this.
  9. Wish it included a brighter and easier to read interface. I know some mods have been made to do so but it would be nice to have it built in.

10. BDSb

BDSb Member

I love the patch! I have some questions. I didn't read all 17 pages before posting this, this is just what I noticed:

1. Item slot 6 doesn't want to really work unless slots 1-5 are occupied. Item slots 7+ work fine, but if I put something in 6, it will teleport to a smaller numbered slot if that is open.

2. Artifacts do not increase your Wandcrafting. Unless they are increasing some sort of hidden wand use stat.

3. Zombyfication (and by association, the Bony Wand) seems to be completely useless. Such a high level spell, and all it does is make a single Zomby. By the time I take that spell, a Zomby dies in 2 hits. IMO, I should be able to create my own loyal undead army with that spell, not just one Zomby which will only serve as a distraction for a round.

FWIW, I only have the base game.

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I think the game has gotten a little harder, actually. Kleptoblobbies seem to be stealing items more often.

My build feels really quite weak, though, but perhaps it's because I've barely put any points into Master of Arms/Shield-Bearer. Seems like I'm constantly running around at half-health.

12. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Er, Althea, I haven't had a Kleptoblobby steal from me in a long time.
    I can't believe I'm that lucky.
    Bdsb, what do you mean item slot 6 doesn't seem to work?
    I've never come across this bug ever. Do you mean in the inventory, or the belt?

13. Michael88

Michael88 Member

I was using 2 Emerald Encrusted Gold Ring to gain some health, and I had Clockwork Power-limb in my bag, In the mean time I found 1 Iron I needed to create second Clockwork Power-limb But it seems that when I did they merged together since it was in my bag :/

Encrusted Gold Ring stacks but Clockwork Power-limb doesn't T_T

14. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Are you sure? Try alt-clicking it.

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

After equipping an item, especially jewelry, you *MUST* pass a turn to notice the differences. This has been the case for a long time. Press space and see if it is actually bugged, or if it was waiting for a turn to pass.

16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

He's saying the power limbs stacked on top of each other in his bag, not their effects.

17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Oh. Duh! Thanks for pulling my head from my ass. :)

18. Michael88

Michael88 Member

Yup it's lost, good thing I saved before making it >_<,
    I reloaded and removed 1st one from the bag and made 2nd one. And they are stackable now like Encrusted Gold Rings.

19. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Wow. That's weird. I never ran across items deleting themselves when you stack them.
    Are you sure they didn't stack at all?
    Ouch.
    And people wonder why I don't play with Permadeath on. :p

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I know that in previous versions you could craft and stack otherwise unstackable items and wind up with one of them if you saved and reloaded. It is a bug, but an old one that never really mattered that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.